DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, kvothesixstring said:

Map 19 Stroller in 1:18

lv19str118.zip

Worlds First!

First of all congrats as I wasn't there to see this.

Secondly I think the possibility for this run was "unlocked" with the realization of the zero-press a few years back. Between the shotgunners and the cursed imp room with the switch, I don't think this was even possible until the press became a thing.

Congrats again!

3 hours ago, CarbonKing said:

Map 01 Nomo in 00.06.97

lv01o006.zip

Please put the demo and text directly into the zip instead of making another folder to it, and remove the Mac folder as well.

So:

When you click on the zip, the proper things to see is "lv01o006.txt" and "lv01o006.lmp" instead of a folder called "lv01o006".

Also, please fix the time where ":" is used to separate hour/minute/second, where "." is used to separate second and milliseconds.

Example:

1:05:03.69 is 1 hour, 5 minutes, 3 seconds and 69 milliseconds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If the only stroller entry for Map 28 is indeed the 1:59.60 second run that is on DSDA, I think this is a new record by about 1 second improvement.

Map 28 (UV) Stroller in 1:58.34

If you want to read about the tragedy involved in the making of this run, check out the text file in the zip :(
(Also I apparently entered 13 January as the date, since I'm in UTC+3. If UTC is the base, it would be 12 January).

lv28str158.zip

Edited by wkfo
Clarification

54 minutes ago, wkfo said:

If the only stroller entry for Map 28 is indeed the 1:59.60 second run that is on DSDA, I think this is a new record by about 1 second improvement.

Map 28 (UV) Stroller in 1:58.34

If you want to read about the tragedy involved in the making of this run, check out the text file in the zip :(
(Also I apparently entered 13 January as the date, since I'm in UTC+3. If UTC is the base, it would be 12 January).

lv28str158.zip

Nice WR. How many attempts it took?

7 hours ago, Dogmachine said:

Nice WR. How many attempts it took?

Thank you!

According to DSDA-Doom attempt counter, it took 88 attempts. A lot of the first ones, however, were not true strollers because apparently I forgot my vertical mouse movement on (either way, it was good practice). Also, I was practicing the non-strolling pacifist version of this map for quite some time before moving on to the stroller, so it is probably unfair to say 88 attempts is all it took.

I don't exactly remember how many attempts I made between getting the failed 1:50 and the new 1:58. I actually also managed a 1:59 WR in between, but thought that if I was going to beat the record I could at least try for a few seconds of difference and kept playing.

• 1 month later...

Map 1 UV Speed in 6.69

lv2-669.zip

A bit of an oddball demo - had a friend over who's never played doom and we decided to speedrun a map together. I had my hand on the keyboard and his on the mouse... this is the best we could get after roughly an hour of chaos. Even though this was super fun I obviously don't plan on doing anything like this in the future.

Note to uploader - 

Spoiler

This can go in the standard UV Speed table or in the Other category, doesn't matter. Regardless, a note saying something along the lines of "two players, two input devices" or something similar, short, and to the point would be nice. This is NOT a multiplayer co-op demo. If you want to credit my friend as a demo author on DSDA (100% OPTIONAL) just put "Rocky's friend" as his DSDA user. Thanks!

2 hours ago, RockyGaming4725 said:

A bit of an oddball demo - had a friend over who's never played doom and we decided to speedrun a map together. I had my hand on the keyboard and his on the mouse... this is the best we could get after roughly an hour of chaos. Even though this was super fun I obviously don't plan on doing anything like this in the future.

I was trying to get 4shock into doing this, but we decided to do normal stuff, so now you sniped me :P