DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 10:46 AM, cHIBIs said:

MAP 03 UV-Speed in 40 seconds 

d203uv0040.zip

I did it :) better demo here. Skipped the secret room. But at the end...
I recorded demo in prboom 262 without any complevels, should i rerecord it with complevel 2? When i did it my demos playback broken.

lv03uv029.zip

Edited by cHIBIs
Added the video link

16 minutes ago, cHIBIs said:

I recorded demo in prboom 262 without any complevels, should i rerecord it with complevel 2? When i did it my demos playback broken.

You probably should. Otherwise, demos without correct complevels will end up in the "Other" category.

6 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

You probably should. Otherwise, demos without correct complevels will end up in the "Other" category.

Thanks to you!

I have option in game like this. So my complevel is 2 when i recorded demos or i should type -complevel 2 in my startup commands?
Thanks to you.image.png.5562293645e2b996bcfe7a6b9f434e5c.png

9 hours ago, cHIBIs said:

I have option in game like this. So my complevel is 2 when i recorded demos or i should type -complevel 2 in my startup commands?

I don't use this option so I can't really say, but just to be on the safe side, you should probably put -complevel 2 in the command line.

25 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, can you explain what assets.wad is?

That is the Doom 2 Widescreen Assets.wad but i was renamed it for simple using in my startup command line. The assets placed down left corner which displayed the timer and the others assets of map.

I used it before when played on prboom-plus and then i copied to dsda-doom source port and renamed.

Edited by cHIBIs

Map 01 NM-Stroller 0:10 nm01str-010.zip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2IjAsznmVk

Map 16 NM-Stroller 0:37

Map 16 NM-Stroller 0:34 nm16str034.zip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRfY4lsGmBE

Map 18 NM-Stroller 1:13 nm18str113.zip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfadGBfpuGY

More maps definitely possible... I have exits on 08 and 32 but want to polish them first.

Edited by Billa
better 16

4 hours ago, cHIBIs said:

That is the Doom 2 Widescreen Assets.wad but i was renamed it for simple using in my startup command line. The assets placed down left corner which displayed the timer and the others assets of map.

I used it before when played on prboom-plus and then i copied to dsda-doom source port and renamed.

Got it, I think that's fine then, since from past discussion widescreen stuff is allowed to load.

Edited by 4shockblast

6 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Got it, I think that's fine then, since from past discussion widescreen stuff is allowed to load.

Should i rename it back for the future demos? 

7 hours ago, cHIBIs said:

Should i rename it back for the future demos? 

That would be preferable so I can recognize what it is based on the name.