DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, that didn't take long. I accidentally was holding the fire key in the intermission screen and started the next map. whoops

Map 14 Pacifist in 12.89

pa14-012.zip

OK, I've had enough. This run has things that can be improved etc. etc. but with successful runs coming much less than once every several hours, this will have to do. Thanks to NightTerror for getting my competitive juices flowing! 

UV Max + Reality on Map 25 'Bloodfalls' in 4:48. Please name me in the DSDA as 'PJ Plays Doom'. 

lv25mreality-448.rar

1 hour ago, MathsDevil said:

OK, I've had enough. This run has things that can be improved etc. etc. but with successful runs coming much less than once every several hours, this will have to do. Thanks to NightTerror for getting my competitive juices flowing! 

UV Max + Reality on Map 25 'Bloodfalls' in 4:48. Please name me in the DSDA as 'PJ Plays Doom'. 

lv25mreality-448.rar

wow! that's commitment :)

very interesting to watch

8 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Congrats! :) Looks like this is a rar, please replace with zip by tomorrow or my script will skip this demo. :p

Zip file attached --- I did notice that rar is listed as an accepted file type, however.

lv25mreality-448.zip

2 hours ago, MathsDevil said:

Zip file attached --- I did notice that rar is listed as an accepted file type, however.

That's DW, not DSDA.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 4shockblast said:

Nomo100 in 0:47.34.

Dang, I am no longer an IWAD record holder.  It's what I bring up at the bar.  Next you're gonna take my Good-At-Doom Doom 2 records too.

Edited by NoisyVelvet

5 hours ago, Kinetic said:

Map04 UV-Max in 0:49.94

The mark of a quality demo: the need to rewatch several times to figure out what the hell the player just did. :)

So while chaingun ammo is essential early in the run, you can audible there if need be, just a little less consistent and slightly slower with switching to and firing shotgun at the SSG chaingunner secret.

I do not believe you meant to write "audible" there, but I am unable to think of a word that does fit. Clarification, please?

Edited by RjY

9 minutes ago, RjY said:

The mark of a quality demo: the need to rewatch several times to figure out what the hell the player just did. :)

I do not believe you meant to write "audible" there, but I am unable to think of a word that does fit. Clarification, please?

It's a football term that basically means 'improvise' but has a particular flavor of 'read the scenario and respond accordingly' rather than 'aimlessly'.

noun

AMERICAN FOOTBALL

noun: audible; plural noun: audibles

a change in the offensive play called by the quarterback at the line of scrimmage.

"he saw two safeties sneaking up and called an audible"

Forgive Kinetic he has a big brain with many words in them.

3 hours ago, baja blast rd. said:

Forgive Kinetic he has a big brain with many words in them.

Indeed. I've never seen "audible" used as a verb. And football means something entirely different where I come from :). Thank you for the explanation.