Share Your Sprites!

Posted (edited)

No, I have a guy making the maps, who's on the otherside of the planet, can you help me make the Pain Elemental Boss? (It's called the Agony Incarnate)

Add me on Discord, it's "thatoneirishmf"

Edited by Mach 7

I made a custom weapon sprite
This one was ripped from a sketchfab model
The only problem is how to make it look like an actual doom sprite instead of being a crappy scaled-down image.

2135510749_UzisSick-as_hellRailgun.png.a739a7bdda0c0fc7b7d685e9cf389feb.png

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Mach 7 said:

can you help me make the Pain Elemental Boss?

Do you got a sketch that shows the main components at each angle?

Edit, Heres the zombie reworks as I have them for now.
Still needing more crawling work, but that segment of the code is not likely needed as of yet.
Draws heavily from the Daggerfall side of things.
I will keep touching up this segment over time, just to make sure the skintones and pants move smoothly from frame to frame.

impaled.png.b50fcdbe6a80068cda9ca2c9d0b73cba.png

1863954656_almostfinishedlayer.png.85aeb1f1e6b63e5293c7428ef7a202b1.png

Edited by Desfar

3 hours ago, Desfar said:

Also: Hoping to have my zombie attack angles done today.
So lets pin him here to hold me accountable.

Let me do just that

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mach 7 said:

Let me do just that

4 hours ago, Desfar said:

Also: Hoping to have my zombie attack angles done today.
So lets pin him here to hold me accountable.

Spoiler

20240425_171629.jpg.3e25323653e3dd5e4183fbd360c42f81.jpg

It may not be the best, but its the best I can do, you get the general idea, and sorry if the drawing is a bit messy, I havent drawn in a really long time and I didn't mean for it to be so messy looking, and if you cant read my sloppy handwriting, Ill retype it, and if I do get all the sprites, I can code it

And I did forget to draw some parts, so let me know if there's any parts you need drawn for reference.

-The bottom should have parts of NON Cybernetic demons connected by bloody chains and hooks to the open and exposed bottom side of it, monsters should be like the Realm667 Superdemon and Devil, the idea is the thing is so ancient and it's been locked up in a hell prison so long it has never gotten the single chance to see the technological leap of hell or even the UAC Marines, the only thing it has that is mechanical is a Scavenged Spidermastermind Chaingun it got from a Guard Demon who tripped
-As St. Mildly Annoyed suggested, it should have a shit ton of tendrils, *almost* like a big ass beard
-Its skin should be littered with deformed, cancerous like Defilers and Agony Elementals (The DooM 64 Pain Elemental), unproperly spitten out, still born like Lost Souls, those poor, unlucky souls of the damned the thing has found, and random, massive mouths, so it can spit out properly formed Pain Elemental Variants and entire hordes of Lost Souls
-It should have sharp as hell, random horns
-It's singular, red eye should look normal, actually unphased, likely because its been like this hideous mass for so damned long
-It's back should be slightly split open like the D64 Caco, exposing its gore and nervous system (THIS IS IMPORTANT), and if you need that drawn, I can do that
-I did forget to draw this, but it should have two masculine arms, or two of those D64 Pain Elemental mouths on either side (Your Choice)

Concepts of what it should do:

-As mentioned, it's going to spit out regularly formed Defilers (which I already have), and entire hordes of Lost Souls, maybe from the bottom too and instead of just the mouths?
-As seen on the paper, it should have a hitscan/projectile attack, I can code either
-Resurrecting Move
-Some form of laser attack, kind of like how the Overlord does on Realm667
-Some form of flamethrower attack, in which it spews flames from all mouths and pores on its body
-The rest of the D64 Mother Demon attacks
-The Bastard should teleport!

Death (You can choose):

(Concept One) It should explode and split into two, an absolutely glorious of death as it's removed from the very plane of existence
(Concept Two) It's eye should go wide for a moment, before it explodes as the thing, unsurprisingly, begins to collapse on it's on, abominable existence, and falls into a slimy, goopy mess on the floor
(Concept Three) Basic death, just falls to the floor and explodes, lame...
(Concept Four) It's weakened, bloodied, and mutilated, by the Main Character (Michael York/The Exitium Marine, if anyone was wondering), and on the floor, if the player punches it instead of shooting it, the main character will perform a glory kill on it, if not, if shot with explosives, just explodes (I do NOT know how to code ACS for SHIT, so if you want to do this one, contact me on Discord [thatoneirishmf])
(Concept Five) It begins to fall apart before your very eyes, its own innards falling out of the bottom and its own mouths, the eye falling right out of the eyesocket, the thing becoming a mere disgrace on the floor

Edited by Mach 7

On 4/26/2024 at 12:46 AM, Desfar said:

Looks very stylized! Super clean as well!

thanks!

On 4/26/2024 at 1:28 AM, Grieferus said:

The wooden parts need to be brighten up.

i was kinda going for a dark, greyed out wooden look for the stock and grip but yea

On 4/26/2024 at 4:44 AM, terminator80091 said:

I made a custom weapon sprite
This one was ripped from a sketchfab model
The only problem is how to make it look like an actual doom sprite instead of being a crappy scaled-down image.

2135510749_UzisSick-as_hellRailgun.png.a739a7bdda0c0fc7b7d685e9cf389feb.png

Hahaha hey that's actually really cool. Yeah my railgun mod had some pretty icky sprites but you know it was a proof of concept. Do you plan to make an entire sheet for this? It could make a great update for my railgun mod I have left in my files.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Ani said:

Hahaha hey that's actually really cool. Yeah my railgun mod had some pretty icky sprites but you know it was a proof of concept. Do you plan to make an entire

sheet for this? It could make a great update for my railgun mod I have left in my files.

Well I was planning to use it for my WIP Murder Drones Doom mod. Yes, I am working on a Murder Drones mod for Doom. You can check it out here! By the way, can I have your permission to use your railgun for my mod?

Edited by terminator80091

Posted (edited)

What have I done lol. I know it is kinda bad but still cursed lol.

792415746_HelldiverHelmet.png.f2f33d321843a9e529576eee34f95600.png

Edited by ak47fu2

20 hours ago, terminator80091 said:

Well I was planning to use it for my WIP Murder Drones Doom mod. Yes, I am working on a Murder Drones mod for Doom. You can check it out here! By the way, can I have your permission to use your railgun for my mod?

Yes you may! In fact I'll provide you a better thing of code I cooked up for my Ultimate Doom 64ifier.

7 hours ago, Ani said:

Yes you may! In fact I'll provide you a better thing of code I cooked up for my Ultimate Doom 64ifier.

Wow! Thank you so much!

Posted (edited)

I don't remember when, but i made an edit of the pistol zombieman sprites, he's bald now, feel free to use, no credit needed
(also credit to whoever created the zombieman pistol sprites, i don't remember who it was)

Bald dude.png

Bald Zombieman.zip

Edited by tomoshi_baka
Spelling mistakes

Looks damn cool, but as a heads-up it looks like the image is too large for Doomworld's forum software -- it's been scaled down, which renders it hard to use. Try uploading it to Imgur or someplace similarish.

Posted (edited)

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but lately I've been thinking - when people post their sprites in this thread, they usually do so in form of spritesheets. But wouldn't it make more sense to post them in wad form, so they're ready-to-use and with all the correct offsets, too? (plus I'm assuming said wad forms already exist for most of these, because the creators had to test them in-game somehow)

Edited by Tiramisu

44 minutes ago, Tiramisu said:

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but lately I've been thinking - when people post their sprites in this thread, they usually do so in form of spritesheets. But wouldn't it make more sense to post them in wad form, so they're ready-to-use and with all the correct offsets, too? (plus I'm assuming said wad forms already exist for most of these, because the creators had to test them in-game somehow)

That depends entirely on the spriter. As someone who's friends with quite a few people who sprite and has dabbled in spriting and/or modding to some extent, I find sheets to actually be more handy since I can edit all the frames at once and cut them out later.

Everyone has their own methods but most of the time they'll palletize it, adjust it, then post it for use or just to show it to others based on what I know. Offsets is just something you're better off learning on your own, you're likely to need that knowledge sooner rather than later anyway.

57 minutes ago, Tiramisu said:

When I make sprites I export directly to the proper file/frame name, so it actually takes me extra time to assemble a sprite sheet after I'm done.

When I provide a wad though, I feel like it's incomplete without code for behavior, and with projectiles and all that.  I've done that a few times though, but usually when it's a pretty simple enemy.

I think I've wound up going with sprite sheets because it's the best way to show off all the work at once, while leaving anyone who wants it be inspired as to how it should work in game, rather than telling them how it's "supposed" to work.

I'd be happy to send anyone a .wad if they ask,  though I don't always have code to share.

Now that I think of it, it kind of makes me wish Slade had an option to import a (grid-aligned) spritesheet and split it into frames by rows/columns - that would be the best of both worlds, you could work on the sprite in proper animation software, export it as a sheet and have it in-game within seconds... Maybe it could be done with scripting? Idk, that's a topic for another thread, I guess.

since mugshots seem to be all the rage now, i decided to give it a spin with my oc
(this is not a resource btw)
ghostsheet.png.eef0e663a744cd27f9461ebd4649e4b3.png

THus4NM.png

Attempting to level up the zombie dog of the previous page

17 hours ago, TommyGalano5 said:

Bling Bang Bang

- credits to Cardboard_Marty for the reload hands, Joblez for the idle and recoil hands, and the third hand IDK? Mike12 maybe

Untitled1704_20240506101148.png

Ultra-Crispy_20240422170947.png

Genuinely thought that was an eyeball being loaded into the chamber for a minute there.

Has anyone done that?  Cause hey gun sqaud...

2 hours ago, Burgish said:

Genuinely thought that was an eyeball being loaded into the chamber for a minute there.

Has anyone done that?  Cause hey gun sqaud...

I'll make one as soon as I can figure out how the NecroBro carries them into battle.

Part of me wants to make them in a pod of some kind...like some kind of Eye Pod