TNT Revilution: Final release now on ID Games!

It means the wad has patches taken directly from TNT.wad, which was a commercial product. Off the top of my head, BLODxx, BULxx, the TNT-labeled crates and the animated computer screens and switches come to mind. I'm sure there are more. If you keep those graphics, this will only get accepted if they are edited or re-colored. If they are removed, it means this would 'require TNT.wad to play'.

Edited by EffinghamHuffnagel

I am playing using the Doom2.wad, as suggested, and it is running really nice. I've started recording for my channel this Megawad and it will be my first playthrough talking in (a very bad) english, lol

Who doesn't have TNT at this point? Plutonia 2 required Plutonia, and though you could run it with Doom II it would have missing Plutonia exclusive textures and skies.

Yeah, to be honest I never understood the switch to doom2.wad. I understand wanting the experience to be available to as many people as possible, but still, it's an odd choice.

Q: Is there a chance that the BGM will be released as MP3 to bandcamp or something like that? I actually would like to pay for it since they're so good. Now I'm just listening to "MAP22 Terminate 'N' Torture" again and again...

18 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

just because revilution's soundtrack is better than devilution's doesn't mean you can oppress us alfonzo :(

Objectively incorrect.

I really think you should change the dependency from doom2.wad to tnt.wad to easily get rid of the needless original TNT textures that were included. It's not that hard to get a legal copy of Final Doom these days.

Edited by NightFright

Well I removed the TNT textures. Also I'm back home where I'm banned from accessing Gamers.org, so I'm gonna need someone to upload this to the FTP.

TNTR

wait, is there a HOM behind player start position I'm seeing?

EDIT. Yep, everything looks fine in TNTRb version, in TNTR new release there's texture missing. Used TNT IWAD for both of them.

Edited by FearTheReaper

3 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

Well I removed the TNT textures. Also I'm back home where I'm banned from accessing Gamers.org, so I'm gonna need someone to upload this to the FTP.

TNTR

After downloading that, Zandronum failed to load the wad giving a fatal texture error. (I ran it in GZDoom after and it worked fine, but some textures are missing)

Edited by Traysandor

Better, but I checked MAP30 and there was a switch (Linedef 1675) that wasn't patched appropriately. Dunno how to check the other maps to see if they're also missing Doom 2 patches as well.

2 hours ago, Gothic said:

Ok, I checked every texture searching for missing patches from previous versions. I hope everything is ok now.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h1a7arpwhos5tr8/TNTRrev2.zip

Drive mirror for people who doesn't like Mediafire

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3tiWFaVbicVElsdXpIV3gtY2M/view

Some textures are still missing if you select any iwad other than TNT.wad to be loaded with this (I briefly played with Doom2.wad as the base), but other than that things load up just fine, and the textures seem to be there if you load up with TNT.wad as the base. You'll probably want to edit the textfile to include that this megawad is meant to be played with TNT.wad as the base wadfile.

Edited by Traysandor

14 hours ago, Gothic said:

Ok, I checked every texture searching for missing patches from previous versions. I hope everything is ok now.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h1a7arpwhos5tr8/TNTRrev2.zip

Drive mirror for people who doesn't like Mediafire

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3tiWFaVbicVElsdXpIV3gtY2M/view

Nope. Running thru TNT.WAD and DOOM Retro v2.4.5 also attached console output.  ;-/

System Control.png

Title.png

Edited by FearTheReaper

I'm fixing that now.

BTW, does anybody else have problems loading the dehacked patch on chocolate doom?

EDIT: Also some of the dehacked monsters on map30 don't work on Doom Retro, and I assume they don't on chocodoom either. I hope Jaws can fix that, because I don't wanna mess with the dehacked patch.

Edited by Gothic

Please check in Choco Doom before assuming it doesn't work there. Doom Retro comes with a bunch of enhancements which sometimes cause problems in mods.

I already said that I can't load the dehacked file on chocolate doom, it says "error parsing dehacked file".

Dehacked patch is already integrated in the main wad so it works without need for loading standalone in Doom Retro and is even compatible with bex, mapinfo, boom features etc + it does have vanilla mode for such things if being strict is necessary. In TNTRb these 'spawn' points can be activated by obvious means fine and boss elements triggered, not sure if turrets are killable but will try when I get here.

Edited by FearTheReaper

The problem is the compatibility with Chocolate Doom. which is very picky with limits and can't load dehacked patches from inside the wads.

Anyway, I think I should share this new revision, since I need help with dehacked. All maps should work on chocodoom, but if you can't load the dehacked patch, map 30 will have problems. Gzdoom can run everything perfectly if that's your sourceport of choice.

Mediafire

Drive

Edited by Gothic

What a pity. I DL wad from IDgames and saw there are some missing textures under Prboom-plus, then I comes to this thread to see what is happens. Eternity Doom even won't launch complaining about some brick texture.

Uhhhh well, the version I uploaded is on /idgames now. Note if we're going to continue to work on TNT:R, I removed the Icon faces and changed one custom texture, so it's best if we work from that version. Might simply be easier for me to carry the changes over to Gothic's update actually.

Regarding the dehacked, I initially tested MAP30 with it in Choco Doom so the monsters should work fine there. Dunno if the dehacked has changed from then 'til release though. I tried testing TNTR in Choco Doom but it says it can't find "LITEYEL1@" which makes me think I'm launching the game incorrectly? The command line prompt I use is "Chocolate-doom -merge tnt.wad tntr.wad -deh tnt.deh"

Gothic's version works fine, and I can get the dehacked to load properly, but the problem is that Choco Doom crashes whenever the spawn cubes become "awake". Paging @Obsidian, because I swear we've had this problem before.

Edited by dobu gabu maru

Completely disregard everything but the /idgames release above, as I was loading the wrong dehacked with tntr.wad. When I load the correct dehacked, I get the same error as Gothic is describing.