TNT Revilution: Final release now on ID Games!

Episode two seems to has better ammo balance. Same as third one.

MAP22: Pharaoh's Clai.

Puzzle here seems to have 2 working switches. One - map of the level. Another - open the entrance to secret area. Second one, probably, also contain sequence to use (?), but I don't have enough HP to try it / don't understand symbol #3 / there is no such one in buttons area.

Puzzle_1.png.e62db57d6e0a4bf6f475ae09959dd75f.png

Puzzle_2.png.d06d731f68bd0218735ab567a3475ab8.png

Found 6/10 secrets. Question. How to get in the left grey part of the secret area?

Puzzle_3.png.50d6a5e5851b4ac638fc4c0c5d40a230.png

Update: finished the WAD. Question is not actual anymore. Still, answer can probably help new players to enter into this area.

Edited by UnknDoomer

• 6 months later...

recently played ,one of the most awesome wad ever made ,  hope for release on bethesda doom too , maybe after doom zero

And consent from everyone involved in it. Kyka hasn't been seen since he disappeared and singlehandedly makes it impossible to release. 

• 6 months later...

After replaying through Final Doom, I am now giving Revilution another shot. Not that I used to hate it, but I cannot remember actually beating it before. Anyway, so far, I am pleased: good original music, good-looking levels that are for the most part challenging without being irritating and most importantly a clear sense of progression and purpose! I do not feel like I am playing a bunch of random maps loosely tied together and I even find the minimalistic plot genuinely compelling: the mere sight of that giant skull-faced planetoid in the sky just makes me want to push ahead and find out what is inside - probably just another Icon of Sin fight, but whatever. :P

Edited by Rudolph

On 8/19/2021 at 9:37 AM, Rudolph said:

probably just another Icon of Sin fight, but whatever. :P

In Soviet Russia TNT Revilution, Icon of Sin shoots rockets at you!

Well, it turns out I was half-right: the final boss is technically an Icon of Sin fight, but thanks to some cool new textures and clever (if not a bit annoying) DeHackEd additions, it feels fresh and different enough to make it feel an unique encounter! I was not expecting the use of Duke Nukem 3D's turrets and Doom 64's teleporter sound effect either - it took me a moment to realize that the latter served as the Icon of Sin's new pain sound. All in all, a fitting climax for an excellent (and much improved) sequel to TNT: Evilution!

Edited by Rudolph

Okay so I've been playing through Revilution on DOSBox for a while now, working perfectly fine with my current batch setup, but all of a sudden the game just freezes when it tries to load MAP23. I don't know why exactly, but it seems to work fine in chocolate Doom with the -merge parameter. 

Here's the .bat file I use to run TNTR in DOSBox. It works perfectly fine on every other level except MAP23.

cd ..
echo off
ren tnt.wad doom2.wad		//Have to temporarily rename TNT.WAD to DOOM2.WAD because NWT doesn't recognize Final Doom IWADs.
nwt.exe -as .\wads\tntr.wad		//I keep my WADs and DEHs in a subfolder relative to my TNT installation.
ren doom2.wad tnt.wad
del doomhack.exe		//replacing the DOOMHACK.EXE with a copy of FDOOM32.EXE (extends the savegame limit)
copy fdoom32.exe doomhack.exe
dehacked.exe -reload -load tntr.deh		//Dehacked.ini specifies the default path for DEH files, so I don't need to specify on the cmdline
doomhack.exe -file .\wads\tntr.wad
del doomhack.exe		//deleting DOOMHACK.EXE for cleanliness

For context, I've also tried using the -merge parameter in both NWT and DEUSF; DEUSF freezes on the loading screen at "adding tnt.wad" and NWT freezes at "P_Init: Init Playloop state". Does anyone have any advice on how to load this properly in DOSBox? Am I missing something here?

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to bumping this thread to help bring attention to OpenRift's comment above, I wanted to ask the following question:

Are there plans for a TNT3? The epilogue text seems to imply the possibility of another Hell on Earth scenario.

Edited by Rudolph

• 7 months later...

Replaying Revilution right now, I cannot help but notice how much MAP10's track - "Your Last Resort" by Viscra Maelstrom  - sounds like it is from a Descent game! Of course, I do not mean it in a bad way, as I love Descent I and II's MIDI soundtracks. :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 12:01 AM, OpenRift said:

Okay so I've been playing through Revilution on DOSBox for a while now, working perfectly fine with my current batch setup, but all of a sudden the game just freezes when it tries to load MAP23. I don't know why exactly, but it seems to work fine in chocolate Doom with the -merge parameter. 

The same thing. Try to run it through Doom Legacy. Checked, all levels are working.

Edited by Angel Of Nemesis

1 hour ago, Angel Of Nemesis said:

The same thing. Try to run it through Doom Legacy. Checked, all levels are working.

I found out there was this strange issue with MAP23's MIDI, which was an easy fix.

Here's a WAD with the fixed MIDI:

TNTR23P.zip

You can also replace the MIDI manually in the main PWAD and it should work

• 7 months later...

I'm on MAP18. Many people have recommended this to me, and I've seen folks on twitch and reddit rave about it.

I think these maps are incredible. Map1-3 were much tougher/longer than the maps leading to Map10. I didn't like how dark Map16 and Map17 were.... However, overall, it's a solid megawad but I wouldn't go so far as saying 'the best'.

Edited by princetontiger

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The contents of Convilution are now merged with the rejects of Devilution in an unreleased project called 'TNT Forever'