what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

5 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

From my newest deathmatch map, Shutdown:

JOFNYvf.png

vtzuxDb.png

Kduswlf.png

Tried to go w/ a bit of a 'heckbase' theme... :)

Is this "Shutdown" Deathmatch complete and released, or is it still being developed?

If you've released this map, then would you mind providing a download link?

I ask because I would love to get a copy of this wad.  It appears to be a compelling and artistic file.

These buildings chasing me even in my dreams at the nighttime...

(Images was removed to resolve some space on my DW account...)

Edited by RastaManGames

48 minutes ago, RastaManGames said:

These buildings chasing me even in my dreams at the nighttime...

Hide contents

image.png.21b7bd0d8fb98efb08c2eb3f28c3fca1.png

"In my restless dreams I see that town. Silent Hill."

I submitted my map for Doomkid's Jamal Jones project... but then got an another idea, and decided to make a map just for fun, using the same resources.

The idea is that an old church is overtaken by a new group of worshipers, and Jamal suspects they are up to no good.

Screenshot_Doom_20220118_225106.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220118_225117.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220118_225134.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220118_225158.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220118_225209.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220118_225243.png

9 hours ago, Reviver said:

If you've released this map, then would you mind providing a download link?

Thanks for your comment! :)

Here is a mediafire link for the beta of this map: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zk1celh6kqt3u5m/DM126-b.7z/file

Works perfectly in G/LZ DOOM and Zandro; it works on Zdaemon also, but the sky won't load correctly, I'll have to get that figured out.

Planning on releasing this as either part of a 12 or 15 pack sometime this spring!

27 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Thanks for your comment! :)

Here is a mediafire link for the beta of this map: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zk1celh6kqt3u5m/DM126-b.7z/file

Works perfectly in G/LZ DOOM and Zandro; it works on Zdaemon also, but the sky won't load correctly, I'll have to get that figured out.

Planning on releasing this as either part of a 12 or 15 pack sometime this spring!

Thank you very much for giving a preview of this promising project!  I just downloaded my copy of this beta version and am getting ready to evaluate it.  I'll keep in mind that it is still not yet considered to be the final version of "Shutdown".

Each of these is a screenshot from a different DM map (all are currently WIP) - some of these maps' original layouts were designed by Arrowhead
No in-game screenies for you til finish :p

CTF at 2022.01.18 17-02-46.769 [R3851].jpg

DM103 at 2021.12.04 17-58-58.115 [R3851].jpg

DM118-ssFIX at 2021.12.22 17-31-37.873 [R3851].jpg

DM120-ss at 2021.12.24 23-47-47.064 [R3851].jpg

DM123-ss at 2022.01.06 20-23-04.956 [R3851].jpg

DM124-ss at 2022.01.14 18-59-31.430 [R3851].jpg

DMxx122 at 2021.12.20 14-44-44.358 [R3851].jpg

Another new DM map, made today, no name yet, so if anybody has some suggestions I'd love to hear! :)

wf40GIR.png

Ju8wvZX.png

zKku5zC.png

Bit of a wood+brick theme this time around...

16 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Another new DM map, made today, no name yet, so if anybody has some suggestions I'd love to hear! :)

wf40GIR.png

Ju8wvZX.png

zKku5zC.png

Here are my suggestions: "Isolated Violence"; "Day of the Struggle"; "Origin of Tensions"; "Ravaging Invasion"; "The Pillaging of Life"; and "Contest to Massacre".

22 minutes ago, Reviver said:

Here are my suggestions: "Isolated Violence"; "Day of the Struggle"; "Origin of Tensions"; "Ravaging Invasion"; "The Pillaging of Life"; and "Contest to Massacre".

Damn, I kind of like Isolated Violence, and Contest to Massacre, they sound very formal - I'll probably go w/ one of those! These almost sound like death-metal album names, in a way. :)

1 hour ago, Arrowhead said:

wf40GIR.png

Ju8wvZX.png

zKku5zC.png

I really like how this one looks, the mix of brown and blue is pretty!

edit: I have a name suggestion "Woodworks and blood-bursts"

Edited by Kuro_mahoh
that reason

3 minutes ago, Kuro_mahoh said:

"Woodworks and Blood-Bursts"

I like how this is almost like a half-rhyme, I'll keep this one in mind, or some variation of this for a future map - I'm sure it won't be too long before I dabble w/ a wood theme again!

Oh yeah, I used one of your skies again! :)

Just now, Arrowhead said:

Oh yeah, I used one of your skies again! :)

I noticed lol, maybe one day I will make a new sky pack.

Here's a map shot of a new Heretic level I've been working on. Layout is just about finished. All staircases complete, and I'm about halfway through tags/actions. Sectors clock in past 500 now, but I estimate that will triple by the time lighting is finished. I used to avoid mapping in 256 believing that it was just too spacious, but I'm finally over that and have been making a big boy level now. I have found it is much easier to shrink a room or hallway down afterwards than trying to make it bigger in a cramped area. It's sort of like not painting yourself into a corner. Anyways, while some areas look decent there is no lighting yet so no in-game shots yet. This will almost certainly replace E1M2 of Endquest, a Heretic episode I am currently working on. I made that old level years ago and at this point feels like it's easily the weakest map of the set so I'm trying to get up to par.

Screenshot_Heretic_20220120_023550.png

Finally added a border more pretty than just usual forest wall...

(Images was removed to resolve some space on my DW account...)

Edited by RastaManGames
I need more space on my DW account...

46 minutes ago, RastaManGames said:

Pictures

Are these S.T.A.L.K.E.R related? The textures look to be a dead match to the game's textureset. Plus the obvious profile picture.

7 minutes ago, Silent Wolf said:

Are these S.T.A.L.K.E.R related? The textures look to be a dead match to the game's textureset.

Mostly they are from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy, except few. Panels with windows was brutally handcrafted via shenanigans in Paint.NET software (because i suck at drawing).

2 hours ago, MattFright said:

Man who can't finish maps starts working on new map (real story)

Screenshot_Doom_20220120_224854.png

Story of my mapping life. I've started about 40 maps I reckon, finished and released 1...

Blockout done. It'll be completely vanilla, testing in chocolate.

Funny story, it's actually heavily modified base blockout from a Quake mapping contest announcement. Just for giggles.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-01-22_20-25-12.png

Screenshot_2022-01-22_20-23-34.png