what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Working on a casual CTF pack w/ @Endless and @spwnSH4Rk - things are starting to come together pretty well!

xiPkqO8.png

MHFlo3P.png

sYFHBbp.png

47zLj2Z.png

Spoiler

Y2riU5D.png

We've got 5 maps WIP so far! We're all new to CTF design, but I think we're starting to get in our groove alright now. :)

Working on a gun that can kill the past. EDIT:  Fixed the busted video, was set to private, whoops

Edited by ZethXM

4 minutes ago, GBTS said:

Been working on my partial conversion mod Circadian Offset. Part 1 is now released!

Here are some pics of it, for those who haven't seen it

Woah...

Woah...

Woah...

This architecture and texture scheme is something else!

13 minutes ago, Mr. LBN said:

Woah...

Woah...

Woah...

This architecture and texture scheme is something else!

Thank you~

38 minutes ago, GBTS said:

Been working on my partial conversion mod Circadian Offset. Part 1 is now released!

Here are some pics of it, for those who haven't seen it:

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_212940.png.0591353927323731a1b50d5affdeee01.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_212901.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_213106.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_213127.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_213257.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_213344.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_213438.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_213533.1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_213651.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_213812.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_213829.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_214008.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220130_214150.png

The next 2 show what I'm working on currently. These maps will be available for Part 2~
Screenshot_Doom_20210626_005814.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210626_005918.png

Looks like we got ourselves a potential future Cacowards 2022 winner, folks ! B-)

(This looks really amazing. Can't wait for the next maps popping !)

39 minutes ago, Origamyde said:

Looks like we got ourselves a potential future Cacowards 2022 winner, folks ! B-)

(This looks really amazing. Can't wait for the next maps popping !)

Thank you for the high praise! I hope I can deliver the next maps with the same kind of quality~

Spoiler

Working on a way to flood a room with lost souls in a hurry. Been making slow progress on these final two levels~~~really not sure when it'll be done!

sky texture courtesy of @Geodesic Dome Enthusiast from Post Your Doom Textures thread

Heres bits of map 4 of this project I'm working on, the sky is replaced with the starry sky from the master levels but thats clearly not shown in doom builder

Spoiler

m1.PNG

m2.PNG

m3.PNG

m4.PNG

Edited by Puncher_Sponge

Currently been working on my first map, aside from a test map I did to get a feel for basics. A vanilla compatible map I went in with the idea it'd be a low power map 1 tech base. A month in and I've learned stuff and am nearly done. In fact it is overdone. Just tested the thing and it is nearly an hour long and I fear the map is reaching one of the esoteric size limits. Hubris this is, but I'm having fun even if it looks like and probably plays like ass.

Some screenshots I took through crispy doom, got no idea how people are doing these fancy screenshots

Spoiler

DOOM0003.png.cf282b5dc2ef508888552d8abc91868d.pngDOOM0008.png.cc0d508a9bcb2f86680d110cf02c8606.pngDOOM0004.png.8357279b25a5715f47b8f8ec24b59ce1.pngDOOM0001.png.17b19fdae1eba5dbf28a999a45ded770.png

Nearly finished. Just got the exit fight and exit to make, then some clean up and implementation of other difficulties and where to put the cyberdemons for multiplayer. Also intermission screen stuff and whatnot. Will be nice to have this thoroughly done so I can move on to making a significantly shorter map. 

image.png.82bd5d7e68f43e25f57a9e9093ff4d87.png

More streamlined than it looks. 70% is eye candy, and there is a more or less predefined path (with some detours) the player is meant to take. 

Edit: released!

Edited by Thelokk

@duskless helped (well, they did all the heavy lifting) port the Cyberbaron from Supercharge, which was written in Decorate, to Dehacked!!

Definitely still needs some polishing to make the phase transition look a little more obvious with an explosion or something, but i'm already very happy with this

sorry in advance for the terrible video quality

I'm actually embarking on a long term project - sort of a Ray Bradbury's 'one story per week' meets OULIPO. Thirtytwo maps, one per week, each one with a predefined theme, difficulty, monster selection, and a randomly chosen limitation. Randomly as in, literally picked by throwing a dice.

I have a history of actually getting projects done when I really put my mind to it, so I guess see you in 31 weeks...

Example: this week the theme is 'shiny techbase', easy difficulty, can only include gunners and imps, and the limitation is that I cannot use doors of any kind. 

Edit: now has its own thread

image.png.41c4f443290c3c430810e7f9a0fdcdcd.png

Edited by Thelokk

stte.png.841a7e6743c537d740dc601d5c306470.png

Added a Statue, but i am not satisfied with it, have to see how i can make it appear a bit more 3D.
This Statue actually was destroyed by my Cat, i was cooking and wanted to leave him out... so he tried to spring on the Statue to open the Door.

59 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Added a Statue, but i am not satisfied with it, have to see how i can make it appear a bit more 3D.

Is there any possible way you can crop the statue, and import it into your pWAD as a sprite replacement?

On 2/5/2022 at 7:11 PM, Thelokk said:

I'm actually embarking on a long term project - sort of a Ray Bradbury's 'one story per week' meets OULIPO. Thirtytwo maps, one per week, each one with a predefined theme, difficulty, monster selection, and a randomly chosen limitation. Randomly as in, literally picked by throwing a dice.

I have a history of actually getting projects done when I really put my mind to it, so I guess see you in 31 weeks...

Example: this week the theme is 'shiny techbase', easy difficulty, can only include gunners and imps, and the limitation is that I cannot use doors of any kind. 

Edit: now has its own thread

image.png.41c4f443290c3c430810e7f9a0fdcdcd.png

I love this idea. After making two 7-day maps for Skulltiverse last year I was reminded of that Ray Bradbury advice (to paraphrase "you might spend a year and write a terrible novel, but I defy you to write 52 bad short stories!"). I've been thinking of attempting it myself, but concerned that my perfectionist tendencies tended to push all my free time into refining my work and they kinda took over my life.

12 minutes ago, LordEntr0py said:

I love this idea. After making two 7-day maps for Skulltiverse last year I was reminded of that Ray Bradbury advice (to paraphrase "you might spend a year and write a terrible novel, but I defy you to write 52 bad short stories!"). I've been thinking of attempting it myself, but concerned that my perfectionist tendencies tended to push all my free time into refining my work and they kinda took over my life.

Exactly! While I took the cue from OuLiPo I always took to heart Bradbury's solid advice. Must say that, being a perfectionist as well, I hope this exercise will help me to 'trust the flow' a bit more, and get less hung up on details.

19 hours ago, Mr. LBN said:

Is there any possible way you can crop the statue, and import it into your pWAD as a sprite replacement?

Yep, since i've took the original Foto, should be possible.

A Shadow helped to make it appear a bit more 3D :)

Lets see what i'll do, i am working sloooowly on that Stuff :D

Some screenshots from my two-level set, which is architecturally complete, but now needs outside eyes for proper balancing and additional tweaks.

Or8FbW9.jpg

z84xlqQ.jpg

QkqUpDO.jpg

Pr7bQbj.jpg

nAnsWJK.jpg

wtDDipc.jpg

kzBfOEd.jpg

U3xAGE6.jpg

h3gg7Do.jpg

Dyg6o67.jpg

lKd3fzQ.jpg

YveWyl9.jpg

Also working on a couple other weapons...

These started out as attempts at porting some of Xaser's work for Heartland into ZDoom for personal use (I really like the cluster launcher and flamer).  As I didn't get permission, I may not keep the assets if I put these in a map for public consumption.

Working on week 2 of my OuLiDoom project - theme is sewers, limitations are: MUST use platforming / MUST NOT use voodoo dolls. Learning a lot of sector scripting!

(Not gonna clog up the thread weekly, don't worry XD)

fjttAtI.png?1

Edited by Thelokk

13 hours ago, ProYT said:

In Nomine Dei Nostri Satanas, Luciferi Excelsi...

Screenshot_Doom_20220206_170225.png.1db6877abc499267eba1bac38eb3bd7c.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220209_192418.png.bd65ccca267017ec6b919e289f6c31a1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220209_204459.png.d5cba2f7fb5144497f0077c7c598494a.png

dominus meus satanas!