what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

2 minutes ago, InTraining said:

Thanks! All my projects before this were vanilla, both in compatibility and art, so there was a big learning curve in using custom textures and have thousands and thousands of options all of sudden. Still feel like every time I scroll through the massive list (courtesy of the lovely AAtex set) I discover new material. 

Just started MAP05 in earnest this morning, hope by the time I wrap up the first five levels I think of some kind of ending for the finale...

-Snippity!

Hehe yeah I know that struggle. My doom mapping started with me downloading every known and unknown texture pack from across the interwebs and attempting to navigate that ginormous pile in UDB. It takes some time to pick and choose the texture sets (and even individual textures!) that you want to use. Now I primarily use OTEX and bits and bobs from Duke Nukem, AVP and some custom tex lists provided by another mapper here on Doomworld :)

I decided that episode enders for the WAD I'm working on won't be speedmaps, so instead of MAP05 today you get MAP06 feat. the most obvious Eviternity II MAP32 visual influence ever seen and inevitable self-rockets

doom84.png?ex=6626d42e&is=66145f2e&hm=f5

doom86.png?ex=6626d42e&is=66145f2e&hm=0d

3 hours ago, AshtralFiend said:

Crypt-Techbase

-snippy!

Daaaang that looks awesome. Great work and great pick of textures :) I'm especially in love with those teal / cyan windows in the first image.

3 hours ago, rita remton said:

lighting test in a mbf21 map intended for a cp. i think i'm somehow hooked on spiral stairs and arches :P

That looks fantastic. Is there a tool to make arches like that in UDB for non-ZDoom format maps, or did you curve everything by hand?

9 hours ago, rita remton said:

lighting test in a mbf21 map intended for a cp. i think i'm somehow hooked on spiral stairs and arches :P

-snippy!

Looks great!

Also I need more arches in my life ;

13 hours ago, CravenCoyote said:

I've been working on a creepy, occasionally claustrophobic, space-station styled map for a while now. Don't always get the time to work on it but was keen to try and learn more about UDB and the things it can do compared to DB2. Also trying my hand at a little ACS scripting

-snippity!

SLOPES! <3

I really like this atmosphere although may I suggest cutting down on the fog density and instead increasing the darkness level? I only say it because I find fog reduces overall contrast in the picture and thus detail, whereas darkness retains just a smidge more contrast in comparison while retaining the loss of vision. Or maybe I just don't like fog, who knows! Either way, loving the architectural choices :)

7 hours ago, plums said:

That looks fantastic. Is there a tool to make arches like that in UDB for non-ZDoom format maps, or did you curve everything by hand?

thanks! i don't know any tools to do that, so i had to do them by hand :P

1 hour ago, Wo0p said:

Looks great!

Also I need more arches in my life ;

thanks! i don't get what you mean by needing "more arches in your life", but good luck! :)

4 hours ago, rita remton said:

thanks! i don't get what you mean by needing "more arches in your life", but good luck! :)

I guess it just means I need to make more arches, myself ;=D I was just being silly

5 hours ago, rita remton said:

UDB has tools to do that.  I also made a few arches by hand before discovering them.

In sector mode at the top of the editor there's buttons to make floor and ceiling gradients.  You can choose between linear and sine wave stuff.  Very useful. 

2 hours ago, Treehouseminis said:

UDB has tools to do that.  I also made a few arches by hand before discovering them.

In sector mode at the top of the editor there's buttons to make floor and ceiling gradients.  You can choose between linear and sine wave stuff.  Very useful. 

wow! one could do some cool stuff with this! many thanks for the awesome tip! :D

136611000_archtoolfornon-udmf.optimised.jpg.f92c3cc95d724a079a8dc79ed6e69f25.jpg

12 minutes ago, Yousuf Anik said:

Hey there! This is going to be my solo project for maybe 2025 or 2024 if everything I can finish. It's been a month since I am working on this first map, I've learned many things (thanks to some member here on Doomworld and some great people's tutorials) and implementing them as best as I can. These are just some SS from my first map. It's not complete yet, I've many more things to do but still thought to share here.

Hide contents

-snip!

Super creepy atmosphere. Love it :) Good luck on the project!

19 minutes ago, Wo0p said:

Super creepy atmosphere. Love it :) Good luck on the project!

Thanks for your kind words 😊 Ye it will be a creepy thing, 4 maps only. It's UDMF mapping so I will try to make it as realistic as possible - 3D floors/bridges/any other thing, poly doors on most places normal or 3D and whatever other features I will see fitting. Even tried to put some rain but it lagged on my laptop unfortunately.