what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

10 minutes ago, Matt Eldrydge said:

Eraser has gotten quite the makeover this week. Instead of playing as regular ol' Doomguy, you'll play as...Eraserguy. I promise there's more to it, but what matters is his arsenal is a bit different (and hopefully more fun).

wMH0bDB.png

OUACOc9.png

dClcVl8.png

What's certain is the UAC isn't behind this anymore.

Cfa8NdG.png

One of the major changes was a new chaingun replacement that's even better at dealing with single targets. It's significant enough that your limit for bullets has been raised by quite a bit!

Hint: It has no spread anymore and is a DPS machine, assuming you can keep it fed and watch that trigger.

nTpUAkk.png

7sn36Rl.png

The map has also changed, but this week really focused on its player character and his weapons. This update will likely be released in the middle of May at the pace things have been going, but we'll see...

Loving the updates, wad's gaining more and more personality as time goes on! Eager to give this a go when it releases!

On 5/3/2024 at 7:30 AM, JackDBS said:

MAP13: Black Coffee -snip!

Those overgrown cave walls warm my cold soul. Looks great :D Although that waterfall has a bit of ye olde texture misalignment syndrome!

7 hours ago, Wo0p said:

Those overgrown cave walls warm my cold soul. Looks great :D Although that waterfall has a bit of ye olde texture misalignment syndrome!

Doh!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

Finally done this one! It's a large war-torn area set in a canyon.

It features sector-linked 3D floor jets and hovertanks, (that bob up and down) craters everywhere - you can jump across the jets to get a BFG!

Unnamed DM Pack: MAP??: CARNAGE CANYON:

-snippy!

I'll have more maps done soon for this! This should be a fairly fun railgun level, too!

:D

Such a fun concept :)

And I especially like the look of the humble emplacement guns ^_^

Edited by Wo0p

3 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

Finally done this one! It's a large war-torn area set in a canyon.

It features sector-linked 3D floor jets and hovertanks, (that bob up and down) craters everywhere - you can jump across the jets to get a BFG!

Unnamed DM Pack: MAP??: CARNAGE CANYON:

YDMWQiG.png

OPsJUgA.png

WFlyHIU.png

OSpoOrf.png

WUMixAV.png

imBm3Wt.png

I'll have more maps done soon for this! This should be a fairly fun railgun level, too!

Finally, after all these decades, Hovertank 3D 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 97th Century Fox said:

1 hour ago, Wo0p said:

Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated!

I've got some crazy (have to emphasize that word lol) ideas for bi-planes, armed UFOs, blimps (possibly), raising / lowering 'lasers'- fluctuating machinery, wobbly bridges, earthquakes, etc, perpetually raising / lowering forklifts, bobbing platforms, etc etc.

Gonna mess around w/ this hovering effect more - I feel there's a ton of untapped potential for detail oriented stuff (at least in the MP sphere).

Edited by Arrowhead

1 hour ago, Arrowhead said:

Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated!

I've got some crazy (have to emphasize that word lol) ideas for bi-planes, armed UFOs, blimps (possibly), raising / lowering 'lasers'- fluctuating machinery, wobbly bridges, earthquakes, etc, perpetually raising / lowering forklifts, bobbing platforms, etc etc.

Gonna mess around w/ this hovering effect more - I feel there's a ton of untapped potential for detail oriented stuff (at least in the MP sphere).

Hell yeah! Gotta say, this year is full of doomcute vehicles.

A *working* frag mine for my new military-themed DM pack:

Not quite exactly how I want it quite yet, but it seems pretty effective now - much better than the previous method I was trying!

Hoping to get this newest 'boot camp' level done soon! Then it's onto the 'trench warfare' level!

1 hour ago, Arrowhead said:

A *working* frag mine for my new military-themed DM pack:

Not quite exactly how I want it quite yet, but it seems pretty effective now - much better than the previous method I was trying!

Hoping to get this newest 'boot camp' level done soon! Then it's onto the 'trench warfare' level!

The mechanics look sound. You just need an explosion animation to make it memorable...

Just now, Naarok0fkor said:

The mechanics look sound. You just need an explosion animation to make it memorable...

Thanks!

And true, right now it just makes the rocket explosion 'puff' from normal Doom 2. Its a bit tricky to see. I'll have to figure something out.

Good point!

:)

3 minutes ago, Arrowhead said:

Thanks!

And true, right now it just makes the rocket explosion 'puff' from normal Doom 2. Its a bit tricky to see. I'll have to figure something out.

Good point!

:)

When I tested a mine, the best way was to make a new Thing...

Unnamed War-themed DM Pack: MAP01: Boot Camp Brawl:

Image of barracks and mess hall:

TwI2XdS.png

Active fully operational minefield - (mines spawn a rocket at your coordinates when you enter their sector, and then Z-thrust you into the air at the same time):

D5tOzti.png

Inside the barracks - you can use that open drawer to jump out the windows!:

wWMiXKG.png

Inside the mess hall:

Y6x6UQW.png

Portion of obstacle course:

a2doTPd.png

Portion of obstacle course (2):

ARfzoEs.png

Onto the 'trench-warfare' level, which should wrap this new little 3 map DM pack up!

I've got big ideas for it - I'll have to see what happens!

Done the final level of this war-themed pack!

It's a trench-warfare type deal!

Dogtag Deathmatch: MAP03: Mud and Blood:

He9WFNu.png

hVOFe8a.png

E1trrtE.png

MIo9E1P.png

Glad to be done the primary mapping!

Onto the main testing and cleaning up any issues!

Posted (edited)

Unnamed FoxTex DM Pack: MAP01: Fragbase Omicron:

wf7Od1w.png

HrVSZep.png

Encountered a major issue w/ the textures rendering correctly in Zandronum, so these shots were taken using the newest GZ!

Basically, it causes a significant portion of the textures to render completely black - hoping I can figure out what the issue is!

Edited by Arrowhead

On 5/8/2024 at 3:11 PM, oneselfSelf said:

nugg0000.png.a972e865e3b99add0152940dd414b449.png

Giving the 0.4 version of E2M7 the justice it deserved. It looks so butchered in the retail version to me. Adding the chairs later.

Especially with that one huge room nearby with nothing in it.

46 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

Especially with that one huge room nearby with nothing in it.

The starting room was originally where the empty room is at. But they weirdly moved it for some reason and I guess they just didn't have any ideas on what to do with the empty space so they just made a big empty room. It even still has the two doors, the unpegged textures in them, and has the two clip pickups from the original version.

image.png.01df0d0aa49c652b8b433cf8d41bb368.pngimage.png.0290f73cea2ce315cffe9b9b9bb501b3.png