what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

not a wad, but I found an ork shoota that I could convert to a quake 3 weapon and make a shoota armed variant of my deathskull nob in eavy armour (looted powerarmor)

orc-nob-shoota.png

he will be part of an upcoming mod (if I ever finish it)

my deathskull nobz so far:

nob with slugga

nob with deffgun (or multi melta)

nob with shoota (with bolted on choppa)

possible new nob:

nob with plasma deffgun (or plasma cannon, I have the model already but haven't done the nessecery work to it yet)

Edited by CBM

2 hours ago, Thelokk said:

Week 3 is some cavey stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

FlZ8gDY.png?1

Don't forget to use stalactites, stalagmytes, sloping floors & ceilings...

33 minutes ago, CBM said:

not a wad, but I found an ork shoota that I could convert to a quake 3 weapon and make a shoota armed variant of my deathskull nob in eavy armour (looted powerarmor)

orc-nob-shoota.png

he will be part of an upcoming mod (if I ever finish it)

my deathskull nobz so far:

nob with slugga

nob with deffgun (or multi melta)

nob with shoota (with bolted on choppa)

possible new nob:

nob with plasma deffgun (or plasma cannon, I have the model already but haven't done the nessecery work to it yet)

Nooo, da link iz broke. 

6 minutes ago, HrnekBezucha said:

Nooo, da link iz broke. 

its full res, that why imgbb just link to their main site

15 hours ago, HrnekBezucha said:

Ahahaha, looks really cool, captain. Meks sure did wonders arming these guys

I need to get my stuff together and make a version with just the 40k stuff in it soon

and then I'd need to make some levels

I've learned to use null skins to cut down on the number of model variations as well as how to do dummy sprites for models along the way so far

to for a shooting frame they will have texture on both the gun and the flash, regular frames will use null for the flash texture and death frames will use null for both flash and gun since most will be dropping their guns (unless they are armed with a weapon that the player can't use)

I haven't learned how to use the flash state yet so I just use the ranged state

Edited by CBM

6 hours ago, CBM said:

I need to get my stuff together and make a version with just the 40k stuff in it soon

and then I'd need to make some levels

I've learned to use null skins to cut down on the number of model variations as well as how to do dummy sprites for models along the way so far

to for a shooting frame they will have texture on both the gun and the flash, regular frames will use null for the flash texture and death frames will use null for both flash and gun since most will be dropping their guns (unless they are armed with a weapon that the player can't use)

I haven't learned how to use the flash state yet so I just use the ranged state

The world needs more 40k stuff. There is a bunch of high quality community art like yours and I sure hope GW dropped their tactic of getting rid of the people who make their business. I wouldn't know 40k is a thing if it wasn't for all the badass fanart and mods and what not.

I have no idea about modelling but it looks cool. And orks are endlessly entertaining faction.

11 minutes ago, HrnekBezucha said:

The world needs more 40k stuff. There is a bunch of high quality community art like yours and I sure hope GW dropped their tactic of getting rid of the people who make their business. I wouldn't know 40k is a thing if it wasn't for all the badass fanart and mods and what not.

I have no idea about modelling but it looks cool. And orks are endlessly entertaining faction.

I can't take credit for the models themselves.. they are all downloaded from various sources online but some of the models have been modified by me, for example... I removed some details on the ork gun geometry before converting it from a regular 3d object in to a quake 3 compatible weapon that can be merged to quake 3 compatible player models

the ork in power armor is made from the upper+lower part of a space marine i downloaded and the head is a head from a goblin model where I modified the head geometry and the head texture to make it a proper ork head

3 hours ago, CBM said:

I can't take credit for the models themselves.. they are all downloaded from various sources online but some of the models have been modified by me, for example... I removed some details on the ork gun geometry before converting it from a regular 3d object in to a quake 3 compatible weapon that can be merged to quake 3 compatible player models

the ork in power armor is made from the upper+lower part of a space marine i downloaded and the head is a head from a goblin model where I modified the head geometry and the head texture to make it a proper ork head

Sounds like a lot of work you can totally take credit for. Maybe not the base model but all the modifications are pretty significant.

1 minute ago, HrnekBezucha said:

Sounds like a lot of work you can totally take credit for. Maybe not the base model but all the modifications are pretty significant.

Thats true I guess, thanks :-)

This week my OuLiPo Doom project mandates a graveyard but with a clear sky on top, so I'm taking the chance to go abstract and Sunderish for once. It's a Tyson map, so to give the player a little bit of an edge I devised a voodoo doll system that feeds them a flow of health potions, giving a passive regen meant to simulate 'resisting evil'.

ZYzwBMj.png

Edited by Thelokk