Most recent movie you saw

John Wick 4.

Action packed, lots of good shooting and melee scenes. I swear they keep amping up the action, where I start to lose focus like it's white noise.

Someone should make a 10 hour loop of John Wick rolling down the stairs.

Also a video game edit showing his health bar but uses modern Doom mechanics where his health regenerates upon kills. How else could he withstand all that punishment and continue demolishing hundreds of enemies?

The Super Mario Brothers Movie (2023 in case some mf confuses it for the old 1993 movie)...

What? It's a good movie!

6 hours ago, ValveMercenary said:

The Super Mario Brothers Movie (2023 in case some mf confuses it for the old 1993 movie)...

What? It's a good movie!

ME TOOO i was forced to go to the theaters to watch that shit.

Back to the Future movie trilogy.

Rick and Morty are just a cheap imitation of that trilogy's main characters...

Edited by Master O

John Wick 1 and 2.

I was a bit bored so I said to myself...

"Why not watch both of the movies in one go ?"

Needeless to say that I did not regret it.

Maybe in due time I'm gonna watch the other 2 as well...

I am about done with Babylon 5 (the show, that is). It is such an odd beast: the episode that felt like the big climactic finale happened fairly early on in the penultimate season, then the rest of the season combined with the fifth and final season basically feel like one long epilogue - not to mention the half a dozen TV movies and the short-lived spin-off. Not that I am really complaining, since there were plenty of loose ends to tie off and the show does not feel like it is outliving its welcome, but still, that is most unusual and I do not remember ever seeing something like this.

Edited by Rudolph

Don’t worry, darling, that’s between Matrix, Desperate housewives and a Philip K. Dick novella with a teaspoon of Edward scissorhands.

Edited by ducon

4 hours ago, ducon said:

Don’t worry, darling, that’s between Matrix and a Philip K. Dick novella with a teaspoon of Edward scissorhands.

More like The Stepford Wives Meets Get Out!

I was pleasantly surprised by the movie, as I came in with little expectations and little knowledge of the gossip.

Dungeons and Dragons: Honour among Thieves
It's a pretty good action adventure film that I'd put it on par with the original Brendan Frasier Mummy movie. Does a decent job of using D&D-isims such as lore, spells, factions and locations to tell it's story (which shouldn't be a big deal, but lol the last time they tried to make a D&D movie). Less post marvel banter then you might think (but there's still a bit of it), a surprisingly large number of practical costumes for some of the beast races an the like.

I had a good time.

Edited by Captain red pants

7 hours ago, Captain red pants said:

Dungeons and Dragons: Honour among Thieves
It's a pretty good action adventure film that I'd put it on par with the original Brendan Frasier Mummy movie. Does a decent job of using D&D-isims such as lore, spells, factions and locations to tell it's story (which shouldn't be a big deal, but lol the last time they tried to make a D&D movie). Less post marvel banter then you might think (but there's still a bit of it), a surprisingly large number of practical costumes for some of the beast races an the like.

I had a good time.

As an added bonus for French-speaking viewers, Frédéric Molas (also known as Le Joueur du grenier, i.e. the French Angry Video Game Nerd) and his sidekick/co-writer Sébastien Rassiat reportedly voiced a couple of minor characters in the French dub!

Edited by Rudolph

• 3 weeks later...

Recently saw Joker (2019) and The Batman (2022). I liked the former one more but the later was better than I expected.

Edited by MrFroz

22 minutes ago, MrFroz said:

Recently saw Joker (2019) and The Batman (2022). I liked the former one more but the later was better than I expected.

Yeah I was surprised by the Batman, it nailed the atmosphere of the darker Batman comics. The ending wasn't great though,  felt pretty anti-climactic but overall it well exceeded my (fairly low initially) expectations.

Joker I actually couldn't watch, the movie just made me feel really sad. When he was showing his card to people it reminded me too much of someone I know. I get what the movie was going for, society's misunderstanding or ignorance of mental conditions created the monster but it hit a little too close to home for me and I couldn't finish it.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:15 AM, Wyrmwood said:

Joker I actually couldn't watch, the movie just made me feel really sad. When he was showing his card to people it reminded me too much of someone I know. I get what the movie was going for, society's misunderstanding or ignorance of mental conditions created the monster but it hit a little too close to home for me and I couldn't finish it.

I hear you there. I once saw a movie based on the life of Brad Cohen, a teacher with Tourette's Syndrome, and there were many instances where he explained that he had a neurological condition and that was the reason for his vocal and motor tics. I have some nervous tics myself as well as autism spectrum disorder and I can relate to the Joker's struggle with laughter because it happens to me, although in my case it is more like silently grinning rather than laughing out loud. I was able to finish it tho, I think the movie's got a really good pacing and this Joker feels more to me like someone very different than anyone I've met personally, yet I still know there are people who wake up every day to a living hell and really struggle with life on their own.

15 hours ago, MrFroz said:

I hear you there.

Ah, seems you understand all too well. It was my son I was thinking of, he's also on the spectrum, smiles and giggles when he's really nervous or in a confrontation. I worry when he's older some people won't understand he can't help it and just think he's taking the piss.

I may try the movie again at some point, it seemed well written and acted.

31 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

@MrHellstorm17 Why? I know it was the subject of a lawsuit for plagiarism by John Carpenter, but I do not know about the movie itself.

It features rather primitive plot; anti-scientific nonsense that constantly happens in the movie; hyper-masculine image for Guy Pearce's character that really doesn't suit the actor and so on. The movie isn't complete trash, it's still watchable. Nevertheless it's quite an unremarkable spectacle

23 hours ago, MrHellstorm17 said:

This. Absolute bullshit

But Guy Pearce looks like Doomguy on the cover and he's so calm despite the explosion going on right behind him. How could it be bad?

And also Antebellum.

Also can't believe I forgot to mention about the Super Mario Bros film itself a month ago lol.

Best animated of the year (with only Hayao Miyazaki's upcoming final film "How Do You Live?" and your annual Doraemon films like the Doraemon Nobita's Sky Utopia for this year of 2023 being able to compete with it).

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World; Turner Classic Movies was airing the Criterion Version, got it recorded on my DVR, good ass movie.

4 hours ago, MrHellstorm17 said:

It features rather primitive plot; anti-scientific nonsense that constantly happens in the movie; hyper-masculine image for Guy Pearce's character that really doesn't suit the actor and so on. The movie isn't complete trash, it's still watchable. Nevertheless it's quite an unremarkable spectacle

Shame. Poor John Carpenter has been trying to make a third installment of the Escape From series for years, yet those people could not even be bothered to at the very least ask for his blessing.

Edited by Rudolph

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Not a light watch at all but nevertheless quite interesting.

I watched Black Adam. I thought it might be kind of okay because although I generally don't like superhero movies, I do find Dwayne Johnson to be pretty enjoyable most of the time. It was just... not good. I would not recommend it.

Saw the first Child's Play movie. I found it to be quite charming and very amusing at times.