Post your Doom textures!

Jimmy

On 1/20/2019 at 10:05 AM, NiGHTMARE said:

Here's a new set of metal textures, based on a support texture from GothicDM:

<PICTURE>

Without the bolts:

<PICTURE>

Nice! I would be interested in a resource pack that had those in it, especially if there were also gray and/or silver variants.

Here's some more GothicDM-based stuff. The 64x128 texture on the bottom row is the texture each set is based on. (Earlier versions of these were posted on the ZDoom forums sometime ago.)

gOtLgjh.png

34dfD9x.png

jncdlDT.png

HjR5a9w.png

bZKW6mz.png

This last set is based on a texture from SlaughterDM:

mte2MHn.png

I'll post alternate versions of some of these for use as support textures (i.e. including bolts) in the near future.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

A set based on Quake 1 base textures.

Here's the Doom-palette version:

pC2mHOJ.png

And the non-paletted version:

sjuvxjO.png

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Variations on one single wall texture for the same potential partial conversion as the keycard sprites I posted in the Share Your Sprites thread.

NVMTWAL1.png

NVMTWAL3.png

NVMTWAL4.png

NVMTWAL5.png

NVMTWAL6.png

NVMTWAL7.png

NVMTWAL8.png

So many cool textures in here...

I got stuck in the Hexen texture department since I'm doing a small map for that. I'm using Paint Shop Pro to apply palettes and have been for years, but for some reason it hates any Hexen palette I come up with. I've downloaded .pal files, I've used The ultimate palette converter. I've extracted the playpal lump from the Hexen iwad and did everything I could think of to try and get it to work. No damned go. Any suggestions what to use instead? Gimp or... [Edit] God damned Gimp is so confuzzling with the Palette editor. Ugh going crazy. ;)

39 minutes ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

@Doom_Dude

Maybe use SLADE's graphics converter?  It should have a Hexen palette built in.

I didn't even think to use Slade for this. It worked! :)

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 3:17 AM, 129thVisplane said:

Hi welcome to your local hell outpost's Duke-Burger, where you can get an ENTIRE WALL of worms for free with every double rat dog burger purchase. Available in both fried and non-fried versions and an additional unpaletted version.

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Very nice worm textures, pretty good for those fleshy grotesque doom/heretic levels, you know I call that belly of the beast

On mercredi 30 janvier 2019 at 9:28 PM, Doom_Dude said:

So many cool textures in here...

I got stuck in the Hexen texture department since I'm doing a small map for that. I'm using Paint Shop Pro to apply palettes and have been for years, but for some reason it hates any Hexen palette I come up with. I've downloaded .pal files, I've used The ultimate palette converter. I've extracted the playpal lump from the Hexen iwad and did everything I could think of to try and get it to work. No damned go. Any suggestions what to use instead? Gimp or... [Edit] God damned Gimp is so confuzzling with the Palette editor. Ugh going crazy. ;)

SLADE can convert PLAYPALs to the GIMP and Jasc (PSP) formats by the way.

4 hours ago, Gez said:

SLADE can convert PLAYPALs to the GIMP and Jasc (PSP) formats by the way.

Ahhh thanks for the info. Having a HeXen palette that works in PSP is what I need.

"Red rain coming down Red rain"

I ran across LITERED in a Doom wad and it struck me as not being very useful for heights higher than 72 because of the split. So I played. I'm sure someone else has done this in the past 25 years, but I haven't seen it, so here.

mt0HUcA.png m4W5X8F.png

mZzJSEq.png P0BiT1X.png

The first three graphics are on the original background, edited, to be 16, 24 and 32 units wide with the split at 64 instead of 72. Each also tiles seamlessly with itself and each other vertically and horizontally. Then I took just the light and the seamless edit of SHAWNRD2 which I posted back when, and played some more. There are two versions of each pattern. The first is balanced to the panel. If you paint a long wall with it, you'll be able to count how many 64-wide panels there are. The second is balanced for the lights. If you paint a long wall with it, the space between each light should be the same along the entire wall (or as close as I could get). Again, tiles seamlessly vertically and horizontally. Doom-paletted.

Edit: Forgot the flats. For a truly surreal room.

tIuK0j7.png

Edited by EffinghamHuffnagel

Been a while, so I wanted to share a subset of textures I've been working on:

HrRsnOJ.png WZ9hrVu.png

PFaPODb.png t2cGNkz.png

2NKVY6g.png bvaFKVr.png

lfiZoY6.png

These are large base textures that probably shouldn't be used as is (I'm not gonna stop you), but would probably make a good starting base for some more elaborate textures, possibly animated ones. And yes, they're paletted.

Edited by EarthQuake

Heh, I got really sidetracked while working on some rocky textures, and one of them reminded me of the surface of the moon...

So I did a thing:

3ib9GaW.png

CFiW0cB.png

TXiIMGS.png

And for shits and giggles (although it doesn't look that great):

YqUGzS4.png

I dunno, maybe they belong in a skybox somewhere. ;)

Again, Doom palette.

Edited by EarthQuake

A good start! Only thing is they don't look like spheres as much as they do buttons? You'll wanna look into giving them some curve to the surface as right now they look rather flat~

Plenty of tutorials online though based on what program you use! :)

I edited the STARGR texture replacement from Scythe and made some color variants of the basic textures. I tried searching Fredrik's Vrack series for color variants (He's credited for textures in the Scythe readme file) and couldn't find any. I then decided to jump into texturing and these are the results:

33tUGtr.png  vAdtrQO.png  wF2C1NO.png  cUjV1oB.png  JKhbrFQ.png  ZM7d7GE.png  25prRPX.png  H8Le2oE.png  abY4v9Y.png  KsfVKuH.png  fru4KcE.png

Star Brown looks grimier than the original but I like it. I included some in-game sample pictures in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

kLfo7ND.png

dfpRVjL.png

Jfzcq6f.png

XtU2wIj.png