Post your Doom textures!

Jimmy

On 2/27/2024 at 7:49 PM, Nootrac4571 said:

Not massively exciting, but the key-door textures are all a bit techbasey, even the skull ones, so I made versions for marble, metal and brick:

doorlights.png.ecb476ec5a22ca378eac418053defcec.png

This and your exit signs are indeed massively exciting. Amazing work! 

Looks sick as hell.

Speaking of main menu screen, can we really post TITLEPIC/INTERPIC graphics in here?  Or is there a separate thread for that?

5 minutes ago, PanicDan said:

can we really post TITLEPIC/INTERPIC graphics in here?

Well, it's a textures thread, so I suppose you can post any kind of textures.

53 minutes ago, PanicDan said:

If that is so, here is the TITLEPIC and INTERPIC I made for my WAD I'm workin' on.  It's called Alphabet Soup and it's about rooms shaped like letters.

These look pretty great, keep going!

On 3/27/2024 at 9:03 AM, Captain Toenail said:

Flats created from parts of the original intermission screens.

intermission_flats.png

Now I wish to see the same thing be done with the unofficial Episode 4 Intermission screen and the one from Xaser's The Lost Episode WAD.

A sky picture made from a old picture from a FTP digging:
redmoon.png
Tiles well on PNG, less paletted unluckily.

1 hour ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I got hooked on bulk-recoloring textures again, here's some variants.

Looks great in red and yellow/brown!

The lines also make them look interesting. Not having the slope variations doesn't bother me

14 hours ago, SatanaInArte said:

SKY1P-1.png

i think you should try making the image black and white, converting it to doom palette, and then using slase's color remap tool to make it look better in the doom palette. often times just converting unedited photos to the doom palette doesn't make for the best looking results

22 hours ago, Donowa said:

i think you should try making the image black and white, converting it to doom palette, and then using slase's color remap tool to make it look better in the doom palette. often times just converting unedited photos to the doom palette doesn't make for the best looking results

Yeah, maybe I could try that. Thank you!

On 4/17/2024 at 7:08 PM, Donowa said:

But then it would be single-colored, wouldn't it? There's more to making Doom-paletted textures than just throwing a truecolor photo into Slade's converter, and making light blue textures in Doom is especially tricky, but I'd take an imperfect colorful thing over yet another monochromatic orange or brown sky. @SatanaInArte's sky came out surprisingly well, all things considered! Probably thanks to the gray clouds taking up most of the space, and making the blue bits look okay even when they're flat.

23 minutes ago, Scypek2 said:

But then it would be single-colored, wouldn't it? There's more to making Doom-paletted textures than just throwing a truecolor photo into Slade's converter, and making light blue textures in Doom is especially tricky, but I'd take an imperfect colorful thing over yet another monochromatic orange or brown sky. @SatanaInArte's sky came out surprisingly well, all things considered! Probably thanks to the gray clouds taking up most of the space, and making the blue bits look okay even when they're flat.

I agree, the colour in that sky is pretty nice. I tried softening the darker blues a little, I think it's a mild improvement:

nP5FHdC.png

Then I made a vertically tiling version which I also think looks a little nicer even in situations where it's not tiling:

V0fErlJ.png

A few more recolors of @AshtralFiend's containers. The blue might be a bit too dark, but that's the best I managed that doesn't look like ass (Blue spectrum is a bit weird)

You can really just take the red one and swap the range yourself as you please, those are just some results that I think look acceptable.

AFCONTF1.png.ca3bab0476d972c1a4dae9b57e3f3b44.pngAFCONTF2.png.92bab80cc75b8c34b1111018bd142ab3.pngAFCONTF3.png.41b4fc59a7867ce32c56e7a35ddbad63.png

AFCONTJ1.png.33c5a9c43f68dec2c243a59a840ed905.pngAFCONTJ2.png.572373a94ee4af3ce86642ffa71fadd1.pngAFCONTJ3.png.aa6d3d24049f4355d70136f830585cc2.png

AFCONTK1.png.557230b0396d0d728f65429256c4d58a.pngAFCONTK2.png.21f5a251b03b550d78c737a564cd364d.pngAFCONTK3.png.c055cc47314518eb10126ea31bd4eb60.png

AFCONTL1.png.b6adc8748b9abc7b7001426b66a2fd20.pngAFCONTL2.png.926705b65b13bfe3964c63ca7d7001aa.pngAFCONTL3.png.ac105a9ce88555cc284bdf3f9d88fc99.png