Share a random fact about yourself

Tracer

I tried getting into Haruhi Suzumiya, based on how much I enjoy the viral dance video, and that I love saying the name Haruhi Suzumiya. Just something about the way it rolls off the tongue. Two episodes in and I was done. The characters were completely uninteresting to me. I was slightly disgusted when I watched that one scene where Haruhi and her goons nonchalantly blackmail the computer club for one of their computers. This is supposed to be an exemplary moment in the series? 

8 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

I still have all of my wisdom teeth.

I got rid all of it at one go >:(

After a particular bizarre mushroom trip, I started to have identity issues whereby sexually I will feel like a woman, a gay man or woman, a pansexual, etc., and this all happens mentally while a heterosexual "default mode" model drives the actual behavioral mechanism part of being.

Just now, YukiRaven said:

Oh don't hate me yet... I had four root canals by the time I was 6 :-/

Haha, I needed to get rid of the wisdom teeth or else, I'd have problems with the other teeth in the future as well.

9 hours ago, Battle_Kirby said:

I just watched the first and last one, because I was worried about my internet connection spazzing out, and dat practicality.

I can testify for Lucky Star and K-on! as well! Both are amongst my favorite ones (along with Haruhi), but I guess I will have to refrain from spoilers, but y'all have my word on them.

Hell yeah!

Random fact - I love spend my nights outside from home like I was homeless person. Everything at night looks mysterious and weird. Also no people around me.

1 minute ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Also no people around me.

I think that's why I enjoy the nighttime as well.  I really hate being around more than a few people at once >_<

1 minute ago, YukiRaven said:

I think that's why I enjoy the nighttime as well.  I really hate being around more than a few people at once >_<

The best ideas born in night time, but when day occurs I forget about them. So many cool writting, mapping ideas vanished somewhere in endless nights. Anyway, I hope weather will be good in the next few days. I want see lots of falling stars ;)

19 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Random fact - I love spend my nights outside from home like I was homeless person. Everything at night looks mysterious and weird. Also no people around me.

I'd like that same sensation but I can get that when I'm on vacation.

18 minutes ago, Red said:

I'm new and frankly I'm shocked and grateful the name Red was available.

You're lucky :D

Just now, leodoom85 said:

I'd like that same sensation but I can get that when I'm on vacation.

I don't know how about you, but this sentence sounds cool. I wish I could share some night silence and peace for you ;)

1 minute ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I don't know how about you, but this sentence sounds cool. I wish I could share some night silence and peace for you ;)

<3

2 hours ago, Mikami41 said:

I don't like pizza with pineapple.

Lucky or unlucky for me that I haven't tried that pizza.....

I have a few CAT5e and CAT6 cables running throughout my apartment because I almost never use WiFi with my computers.  My phone and tablet sure, but almost never with any of my computers or game consoles.  The only exception I can think of is when I'm sitting on my balcony with my laptop.

The main reason for this is that I move files between my computers and my file server extremely often, and having a wired connection is still much faster than 802.11n, especially when moving multi-gigabyte files (which I do more often than you'd think).

My wife, however, only uses WiFi with her computers XD

4 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

I have a few CAT5e and CAT6 cables running throughout my apartment because I almost never use WiFi with my computers.  My phone and tablet sure, but almost never with any of my computers or game consoles.  The only exception I can think of is when I'm sitting on my balcony with my laptop.

The main reason for this is that I move files between my computers and my file server extremely often, and having a wired connection is still much faster than 802.11n, especially when moving multi-gigabyte files (which I do more often than you'd think).

My wife, however, only uses WiFi with her computers XD

Having Gigabit ethernet adapters for connection allows you faster transmission and it's better if you use cat 6 (Cat5e allows 100 MB/s, cat 6 has 1 GB/s)

Edited by leodoom85

Cat5e can theoretically get close to 1 Gbps, it's plain old cat5 that does 100 Mbps.  Most of my cables are cat6, but I have two computers that don't have a gigabit connection (one is an MPD server, and one I just use in the kitchen to bring up a PDF of my recipe book).  Those have cat5e from the switch to their Ethernet ports, partially because they don't need cat6, and partially because I'm poor as hell and can't always buy new cables :-P  Otherwise it's all cat6 and gigabit connections.

8 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

At my home in China, I used to have CAT5 cables inside the walls, so I can connect my computer with cables since I think it's more reliable. Until the year before last year, we switched to fiber optics and need to redo all the cables if I still want to use it. Then I have to switch to Wi-Fi due to the inconvenience.

On 08/08/2017 at 4:55 PM, Tracer said:

I love the sound of female singers in doom metal.

Same and in Black metal too, especially melodic and symphonic.

Just now, YukiRaven said:

Cat5e can theoretically get close to 1 Gbps, it's plain old cat5 that does 100 Mbps.  Most of my cables are cat6, but I have two computers that don't have a gigabit connection (one is an MPD server, and one I just use in the kitchen to bring up a PDF of my recipe book).  Those have cat5e from the switch to their Ethernet ports, partially because they don't need cat6, and partially because I'm poor as hell and can't always buy new cables :-P  Otherwise it's all cat6 and gigabit connections.

Well, cat6 is kinda expensive to get. That I know because I worked with that type of cable most of the time in network installations and all of that stuff. I used cat5e for installing security cameras and it works flawlessly ;)

Just now, GarrettChan said:

At my home in China, I used to have CAT5 cables inside the walls

heh, I did that in my parents' house XD  They were never quite sure why I was putting strange connector plates on the wall or running "computer cables" through the floor.  Well, until I moved out and my mom turned my old bedroom into an office - then she understood.

1 minute ago, YukiRaven said:

heh, I did that in my parents' house XD  They were never quite sure why I was putting strange connector plates on the wall or running "computer cables" through the floor.  Well, until I moved out and my mom turned my old bedroom into an office - then she understood.

That's necessary when you don't want to have the cables at sight....

4 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

By the time I moved into my Chinese house (18 years ago), wireless routers were not that good (or not even existed, heh) back then, we had to do this, but now, it's like whatever XD

Edited by GarrettChan