How I make custom titlescreen? >.<

Slimz

Question

7 answers to this question

The title screen is unrelated to map. Just make one in an image editor program, taking care of the colors you use are in the Doom palette, save it preferably as 320x200, put the image file as a  TITLEPIC lump in an WAD (converting the image first of course).

Or are asking for something else? You really should elaborate you question with more details on what you want, have and to achieve.

You can use MAPINFO for that,I think. I'm not sure. Also,if you want change titlepicture/intermission screen you simply rename your desired picture into TITLEPIC and INTERPIC.  

6 minutes ago, Voros said:

The title screen is unrelated to map. Just make one in an image editor program, taking care of the colors you use are in the Doom palette, save it preferably as 320x200, put the image file as a  TITLEPIC lump in an WAD (converting the image first of course).

Or are asking for something else? You really should elaborate you question with more details on what you want, have and to achieve.

Like custom text.

Example

You won!

Just now, MysteriousHaruko said:

You can use MAPINFO for that,I think. I'm not sure. Also,if you want change titlepicture/intermission screen you simply rename your desired picture into TITLEPIC and INTERPIC.  

I know how to use MAPINFO but not Textscreen.

1 minute ago, Slimz said:

Like custom text.

Example

You won!

You need MAPINFO for this if you use udmf. You write text here and define it in what level this shows.

Edited by MysteriousHaruko

5 minutes ago, Slimz said:

I know how to use MAPINFO but not Textscreen.

use ExitText in your MAPINFO.

edit: pointing out that you really should have a look at the zdoom wiki. You wouldnt have even asked, as the wiki will have explained everything to you.

Edited by Voros