Two issues.

HyperLuke

Question

I have a script that lowers some floors, that is supposed to activate when an attack from the player hits a switch, but it activates as soon as the map starts for some reason. Capture2.PNG.9eabce7252f7f2f14caba6fe7da86368.PNG

In addition, in part of the script, I would like some items, in this case, a BFG and some plasma cells, to appear in a designated spot, and I am not sure how to do that. 

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

Wow, less than an hour response, that's awesome. The changing open to void worked, what does void actually do though?  

And in what sort of context do I use the Spawnspot command? Still not used to how it works.

1. Scripts of type (void) or (<insert some parameters here>) are executed when you call them via ACS_Execute or similar function, whereas scripts of other types are executed automatically under specific circumstances, see https://zdoom.org/wiki/Script_types.

2. The wiki should be clear enough if only you read it, but anyway: Put a map spot into your map, give it a tag for example 123, then use a command SpawnSpot("BFG9000",123); in your script, and when the script will be executed, BFG9000 will be spawned onto the map spot.

Edited by scifista42

10 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

1. Scripts of type (void) are executed when you call them via ACS_Execute or similar function, whereas scripts of other types are executed automatically under specific circumstances, see https://zdoom.org/wiki/Script_types.

2. The wiki should be clear enough if only you read it, but anyway: Put a map spot into your map, give it a tag for example 123, then use a command SpawnSpot("BFG9000",123); in your script, and when the script will be executed, BFG9000 will be spawned onto the map spot.

It worked, thanks @scifista42, your help is much appreciated, I will look at the wiki in future before asking for help. 

Edited by HyperLuke