Post Your (Other) Video Game Screenshots Here

Neurosis

The Plague Tale games sure are very photogenic.

APT2_WinStore.x64.Submission_2022-10-29_(A Plague Tale: Requiem)

Some of my other favourite screenshots I've taken:

AstronautsGame-Win64-Shipping_2014-12-12(The Vanishing of Ethan Carter)

BeyondBlue_2020-11-04_14-19-37-578.png?e(Beyond Blue)

Ryse_2017-03-16_20-46-39-654.png?ex=6614
(Ryse: Son of Rome)

sw_2013-12-07_22-35-53-73.png?ex=6614664
(Shadow Warrior)

Edited by BeachThunder

love a good photomode 

(cyberpunk 2077)

freeze pig

IMG-3807.jpg

self-explanatory 

IMG-3805.jpg

always crashing in the same car

IMG-3808.jpg

Not sure the week or so it took me to get OpenMW and mod organizer to play nice with my preferred mod list is going to pay off in the long run, but at least it's going to look nicescreenshot000.png.ffe59ef01eb8c8dc76633fb521d71303.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple of fun ones that I took while finally finishing Ion Fury:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

That was a really good game, I'm not sure why it took me several years to finally finish it. The level design is, for the most part, fantastic for a Build game. My only real complaints are that the enemy roster feels kind of generic, especially since they all use the same voice lines, and the weapon sounds lack punch. They have quite a bit of "oomph", but they lack punch.

But I did enjoy the references throughout.

On 2/19/2024 at 8:46 PM, Captain red pants said:

Not sure the week or so it took me to get OpenMW and mod organizer to play nice with my preferred mod list is going to pay off in the long run, but at least it's going to look nice

Cannot get a good result with OpenMW for the life of me. First I tried had the census guy floating in midair. A more recently build ran like a slideshow even with no mods on it.

@Murdoch Huh. I have no idea whould could be causing that, but if you're doing fine with modding the original Morrowind then you may as well stick with it. I mostly use OpenMW because I don't have to generate distant terrain every time I change a few things around

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 9:13 PM, vanilla_d00m said:

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I had to show this.

23334.png

HAHAHA

On 5/8/2024 at 1:07 AM, Jello said:

A couple of fun ones that I took while finally finishing Ion Fury:

That was a really good game, I'm not sure why it took me several years to finally finish it. The level design is, for the most part, fantastic for a Build game. My only real complaints are that the enemy roster feels kind of generic, especially since they all use the same voice lines, and the weapon sounds lack punch. They have quite a bit of "oomph", but they lack punch.

But I did enjoy the references throughout.

When I think about it, all Build games have a rather weak enemy roster I guess. On the other hand their level design is as good as it gets I'd say (especially Blood), so I wonder what makes you say that "for a Build game" the level design of Ion Fury was great.

Edited by Bedingungsl.Grundeinkommen

2 hours ago, Bedingungsl.Grundeinkommen said:

When I think about it, all Build games have a rather weak enemy roster I guess. On the other hand their level design is as good as it gets I'd say (especially Blood), so I wonder what makes you say that "for a Build game" the level design of Ion Fury was great.

I think you misunderstood me, because "most" Build games have really good level design. Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior have some really, really good level designs. Blood... I love it, and it's my favorite Build game, but it gets really stale at points in Dead Reckoning. It was clear they were rushing through by the end, but Episode 1 and 2 had some amazing levels.

What I meant was that Ion Fury really made absolutely fantastic use of the Build engine in the levels, as it should. It was made 20 years after the original Build games, but it's level design really shines as being the best of the Build games. There are exceptions of course in Ion Fury, some of the levels can get kind of boring, but for the most part they're fantastic. They're complicated, they're full of secrets, and it really does a great job of feeling like you're in a living world. Duke Nukem did it pretty damn well back in '96, but there were clear limitations, where you knew you were exploring something that was supposed to be real, but it wasn't quite real. Pretty much every level in Ion Fury felt like I was exploring a place that could actually exist.

So yeah, I didn't mean to say that Build games have traditionally had poor level design, quite the opposite, but Ion Fury really went above and beyond. The only thing that I've played that seems close in complexity would be something like Death Wish for Blood. Which is absolutely fantastic as well.

44 minutes ago, Jello said:

The only thing that I've played that seems close in complexity would be something like Death Wish for Blood. Which is absolutely fantastic as well.

Custom Blood maps kind of represent peak Build Engine for me. Imagine if Blood had a community even a fifth of the size of Doomworld. 

13 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Custom Blood maps kind of represent peak Build Engine for me. Imagine if Blood had a community even a fifth of the size of Doomworld. 

I would have to agree with this. If Blood had more quality level sets released for it, well I would probably never play anything else. I don't imagine it helps that the Build engine is notoriously abstract and hard to design for, especially compared to something like Doombuilder or Worldcraft/Hammer or Trenchbroom.

E.W.G.F

I used to be good at these, I did them on the ps2 pad many years ago.  I'm really rusty at them now, you lose it quick if you don't practice it for a while.

PPSSPPWindows64_JnJUDqLnFr.png

image.png.f5f9dee3e75633a80f423521ed960420.png

Guys what's wrong with my copy of Rival Schools 2? It was supposed to be a legit import that I got from AliExpress...  Why is the text like Bloodshot!?

Posted (edited)

Found the original Wolfenstein 3-D with only ID Software logo.  I had another Wolfenstein 3-D that said Activision on the top right on this menu, i want to play it in its original form.  Took a while to find it.

23423dsx.png

4efdf.png

Edited by vanilla_d00m