Random Image Thread

On 1/13/2022 at 9:13 PM, Faceman2000 said:

I’m assuming, @Jello, that you are an American. Our friend @Gustavo6046 however, is not: he’s Brazilian, if I’m not mistaken. Having lived in Brazil for a time, I can assure you the way their grocery stores and shopping centers are set up is completely different from what you are used to. Supermarkets here are way bigger than anything in most parts of Brazil - even in Campinas, where I lived (a city of over a million people) there wasn’t a single supermarket that rivaled a typical American Walmart in size (there are some Walmarts there, but they are much smaller). It’s a totally different system and what Gustavo did was correct there as I recall. Gustavo’s confusion arises from his unfamiliarity with how shopping carts and supermarkets function in the US.

I think you're right, and I was thinking that. I'm pretty sure Gustavo has said he's Brazilian, and I forgot about the diaspora that makes up Doomworld; so yes, obviously things would be different in Brazil than America. I wasn't trying to chastise anyone, I was just vocalizing my opinion. If there's an easy way to return carts, and not be a dick to others while expecting them to pick up your trash; then return the carts and pick up your trash. But I'm talking about large shopping areas, with plenty of carts, plenty of vehicles, plenty of people; I was talking about America. And that's probably not what most shopping areas are like in Brazil.

So yeah, I didn't mean any offense, but if you just pushed your cart off into a parking lot in the United States, people would look at you like an asshole. It's different cultural decorum, societal norms. I guess I should've remembered that I was talking to someone from Brazil, and that mindset has to be very different from someone living in the Great Plains of North America. It's still just a human responding on what their life has been like. Literally: This is what we do, this works for us, so we'll do it. It's no different from any other society. It has nothing to do with decorum or pleasantries. It's what makes everything work, and it's working fine.

I don't mean this to be a really poignant post; but I kind of forget about this, and I think quite a few people do from time to time: "We're all just people. And we fuck up. All of us. But sometimes, we really get things right." 

And thank you @Faceman2000, you made me think a bit tonight, about my preconceptions, and my possible biases, which is always a good thing.

Edited by Jello

1 hour ago, Rammiel sucks! said:

pepsi dog

But dogs can't form suction with their lips, how will he drink from a straw? At least put the pepsi in a bowl.

Cocaine Cat makes far more sense:

cat-addiction.gif

On 1/15/2022 at 3:18 PM, roadworx said:

zqq3miirsgb81.png.95b1bbd604785015938b82c50a235333.png

I'm just still impressed that CTRL+ALT+DEL is still around. I read it for a few years, and I know the miscarriage thing is still a meme, but it never seemed like anyone really liked it. Tim isn't the funniest person in the world. Although neither are Mike and Jerry, and Penny-Arcade is still around. So I guess I don't know what's funny anymore.

IMG_20220121_235957.jpg

(i still don't know how this guy still can manage to buy Poker Night at the Inventory through steam even after it get delisted lol)

Edited by lokbustam257

On 1/22/2022 at 11:59 AM, lokbustam257 said:

IMG_20220121_235957.jpg

(i still don't know how this guy still can manage to buy Poker Night at the Inventory through steam even after it get delisted lol)

Could be he has owned the game for a longer time but only now decided to drop a review on it.