[Community Project] (RELEASE) Jonathan's Arcade Mapping Project #2: Tropical Dynamite

5 hours ago, DoomTheRobot said:

Hub Map

sM07WiC.png

Oooo, this one shot looks like Copacabana ( Brazillian beach ).

Also good luck on the project sounds promising, im glad brazil is gaining some recognition on doom projects :)

VAI CORINTHIANS!!

Edited by gabirupee

3 hours ago, gabirupee said:

im glad brazil is gaining some recognition on doom projects :)

VAI CORINTHIANS!!

We currently have 2 brazilians on our team

A third one would be great :^)

18 minutes ago, Ayeloo said:

You conviced me, im in. Not sure if i can give a map on august 31 through, but i will try.

Is there any discord server?

When you spot that black and white pattern on the floor you're undoubtedly walking on Brazilian streets.

Apparently the resource wad's textures were just entirely broken somehow.. But I fixed it so it should be fine now, go ahead and redownload.

I also added a bunch of stuff/screenshots to the OP.

9 hours ago, Matacrat said:

Oh you can count me in!

You conviced me, im in.

You got it, added to the list!

Is there any discord server?

Oops. Yeah, sorry I forgot to include the Discord invite in the OP. It's there now.

Nobody is required to join the Discord to submit a map, but we encourage joining and chatting in the #jamp-discussion channel for active communication between JAMPers.

UPDATE:

Posting a beta version of Map 07 here if anyone feels like recording a demo (please do, It really helps speed up balancing [Also I'm not sure how this behaves in Zdoom/Gzdoom, I've only tested in DSDA and PR]).

Resource wad is already attached but you can get a copy in our github :)
Here are some images too (Might be outdated):

doom11.png.e7d142916145941ac6b8fe78f77f6f5f.png

doom12.png.adc138fc021cecdcc353aa04b227784b.png

doom14.png.edada11d12b1bf159e12f34cc9b277f7.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everyone.

Just a quick reminder that the deadline to submit a map for this project is in about a week and a half. (the 31st of this month)

Anyone reading this that's currently working on a map (or is thinking about making one) for this should probably wrap it up soon.

Hello! Just popping in to say that if I could offer some custom music for some map, let me know ^^ I've been interested since a lot of time on making music in a mood/style like the one this project conveys.

On 8/23/2022 at 6:58 AM, LPad said:

Hello! Just popping in to say that if I could offer some custom music for some map, let me know ^^ I've been interested since a lot of time on making music in a mood/style like the one this project conveys.

That sounds cool, do you have any tracks of yours you could show us? A decent ammount of people still don't have a midi for their map

Well, to show you some stuff here, I made a small compilation of random sections of music I've made over the years for different projects outside of doom mostly, and some other ideas I have developed. I tried to narrow it down to certain slightly playful rhythmic stuff (it's still 12 minutes of musical sections), but it can certainly be something different too. Just let me know what you need and I can work on it, or if you wanna ask anything you could ask me in pm too. 

musicccccc.zip

13 hours ago, LPad said:

Oh wow, this stuff is really good, def notifying the rest of the group

Do you have a soundcloud or anything sort of like that? We're planning on wrapping up all the main mapping stuff by the 31st, so imo it'd be better for anyone interested to get some finished pieces, we don't wanna put any pressure on you

Can't speak for the other members or the project lead though

On 7/31/2022 at 9:44 PM, Ayeloo said:

Brazilian Community Project when? :') 

5 hours ago, Flower_XD said:

Brazilian Community Project when? :') 

Funnily enough I originally pitched this project to be "Brazilian themed" but I had no idea what that'd look like.

7 hours ago, Ayeloo said:

We're planning on wrapping up all the main mapping stuff by the 31st, so imo it'd be better for anyone interested to get some finished pieces, we don't wanna put any pressure on you

For anyone wondering: Don't worry, the deadline is not a "mapset is done, release it immediately" deadline. I will definitely allow changes to be made to maps after said maps have been already submitted. You probably knew that already though but I wanted to reiterate that so there's no pressure at all, really.

I will most likely have to spend a week compiling everything and probably another week or two finishing the HUB map... 

If push comes to shove I can make an exception for maps with significant progress that just need a little bit more work after the deadline.

Edited by DoomTheRobot
Remind me to never write a post on my phone ever again

11 hours ago, Ayeloo said:

Oh wow, this stuff is really good, def notifying the rest of the group

Do you have a soundcloud or anything sort of like that? We're planning on wrapping up all the main mapping stuff by the 31st, so imo it'd be better for anyone interested to get some finished pieces, we don't wanna put any pressure on you

I don't really have a soundcloud at the moment. But I can work on it, it would be fun. Let me know if anything, so I could have some idea you'd like for the music or I could test the map and find out what could work. Or both. I think it'd be better if someone who wants some music would PM me, so we don't flood this post with questions or requests. I'm at your service guys

Alright folks, we've officially hit past the deadline, so time is up for submitting your map if you had thought about making one.

Now it's time to compile it all up for a release.

Expect more news next week or two.

• 1 month later...

It's sure too bad this isn't a more GZDoom-friendly forum, huh? Although the three Boom-compatible maps work just fine in working as action showcases so I don't see too much of a problem (with the title cribbed from Sam Smith obviously being more atmospheric this time around). But the variety in mapping styles is present and ppreciated.  Also, cool soundtrack!

On 10/31/2022 at 8:05 AM, DoomTheRobot said:

Hey everyone, sorry for the wait. Hope y'all had a happy... uhh.. Halloween?

Screenshot_Doom_20221031_021132.png.32a6cdd4c6affde79c8c015bc841cef0.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221031_020705.png.5e232102124c5ad00149316fd8f3acec.pngScreenshot_Doom_20221031_020619.png.390cdbd1cef416709fa4b85635538a07.png

Regardless, JAMP2 is out now.

[Download]

Link is broken. The correct one is on the OP, I guess.

Nice screenshots by the way.

3 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

Link is broken. The correct one is on the OP, I guess.

Nice screenshots by the way.

Oops. Sorry, I had to do a quick update to the WAD because the /idgames upload was rejected due to unmodified id Software resources (thanks SLADE) being included.

Should be fixed now.