DBP57: Shatter Realm

MAP09 breaks in complevel 2:

Spoiler

doom02.png.56dcf5dc4f6fc43b015e36444b932d8e.png

I think the two zombiemen in the following room are stuck in the ceiling, preventing the sector they're standing in from lowering.

Ive maybe had issues on lvl 6, lzdoom default comp, the 2 pillars that rise up to get to the button that allows access to the yollow key rise up too far and i cant seem to figure out how to get across then... maybe im just dumb but it seems like a problem

Updated the OP with a quick hotfix. An old version of MAP07 was included in the previous upload - the hotfix contains the most recent version.

Hi folks, just finished Map 1 and I think I found an issue:

Spoiler

In the 2nd room (you take the slow elevator down to it), there looks to be 2 Monster Closets that don't open. On UV, they have a Revenant and 3 Imps each. 

I'm playing on dsda-doom on complevel 2, I also tested on Woof and got the same

image.png.0db46125bd56c6e298bf9e46d7887b4a.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230302_090420.png.67f2

missing texture in map05 just outside the balcony in the secret area c:

love the spacious areas and ample monster mosh pits on this one ccc:

Oozing with atmosphere. Maybe it's just me but this one seems to be a bit more on the tougher side than previous entries -- not that that's a problem, mind, but the difficulty of this one reminds me more of the earlier entries.

Not exactly a complaint or really even a nitpick, but with the changes to the palette making reds and pinks darker and the greens more toxic-looking, the blue range sticks out a bit like a sore thumb. It'd be nice if this were made brighter or a little more purplish, perhaps, to complement the green. I do adore the laser-focus on visuals that DBPs often have and this one isn't an exception.

Edited by segfault

Map 5 has some visual glitches.  Linedef 11258 has a missing texture.  There are also some slime trails due to node builder problems scattered across the map.  Also, some of the door tracks need to be unpegged.

Edited by A.o.D.

MAP03 is my favorite this far, the secrets are very "liminal space" stylized and it encourage well the player to find them.

This one particularly gave me creepy sensations :

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230303_054025.png.3b783bea2057d4c4c7306f6e15bd62b2.png

I wasn't aware at all about finding this type of aesthetic since I was focused about eventual traps and the fact that it contrast highly with the map by itself.

Secrets out of question, the map is very cool and I like the gameplay.

Of cours the other maps are also top-tier.

Noticed a missing texture in the first secret of MAP05 :

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230303_134355.png.b2f72bf3b0bf8e868399121c0d17f1ad.png

(here on the automap) :

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230303_134604.png.545ed5b8b40483488a21990ff1712a77.png

Edited by Bri0che

Absolutely incredible screenshots! The DBP crew continues to blow us all away - I'm looking forward to playing this one. (Although as the resident periodic table enjoyer, I feel compelled to be that guy and say it's spelled Bohrium.)

Posting my playthru for the devs. It's just a casual play of map01-07, but there could be some valuable info for ya, maybe.
I had to skip map05, took too long to find doors switches and keys for my taste. but i couldve maybe just been too "tired" ;) Had a great time though, great work

i'll probably finish it today but at least this is most of it

www.twitch.tv/videos/1754100552

Edited by fuGue_tv

Wanted to pop in and show some love for all of you at DBP. Shatter Realm was a really fun set and took me about 3 and a half hours to complete. The color scheme was excellent and the levels were very aesthetically pleasing and the soundtrack included tracks that I found myself vibing to while performing acts of slaughter on those poor unsuspecting demons. 

Thank you DBP for all your efforts in creating all the levels we get to enjoy!

Updated the OP with v3.

Changes:

Spoiler

MAP01: Fixed the broken imps/revenant trap after the elevator. 
MAP05: Should have all of the bugs reported for this fixed, other than the doortrak pegging which was a creative choice by the mapper. 
MAP06: Fixed the issues with the pillars as well as various other changes.
MAP08: Updated version with various changes.
MAP09: Fixed the HOM/floor lowering bug and some softlocks.

Hi all, revved up version v3 and loving it so far. My standout so far has to be Map 3 but it goes without saying that they are all amazing so far

Sorry to be a killjoy but I found an issue on Map 5:

Spoiler

There is an inescapable pit where a Cacodemon Rises from. They don't appear to get alerted unless you go really close to it so you have a risk of falling in

image.png.e7661a9300d8847fa207915f6c51461c.png

image.png.d16743331d432e1ef891604195b675b8.png

mucho thanks for all the bug reports. They are being noted and squashed.

Howdy Folks, I'm on Map 7 and hoping you could help me, been stuck on this for an hour (I hate asking as I love Exploration in Doom but I'm at a loss)

Spoiler

How do I access the Secret Fight? I've found the Door I need to open, the official Secret with the message and 2 shootable switches in the Opening area. However I'm completely lost!

Update: Ignore this - Found it eventually, thanks anyway :)

Edited by mancubian_candidate

Finished this set tonight in a single sitting, UV pistol start, and was really impressed by it.  Maps 3, 6, and 7 were the standouts for me, and the visuals throughout were really on point.  I should play Map 8 again, because it didn't click with me, and I totally failed to find any of the secrets.  It felt to me like map 7 would've made a better final map with its more high impact action, but that's really just my preference.  Great work to all involved!

Map 01 has one of the most crappiest secrets in a DBP wad had to noclip other than that good gameplay and a bit tight on ammo

• 5 weeks later...

Updated the OP with v4. Probably the final update, assuming no more bugs are reported.

Changes:

Spoiler

MAP05: Fixed a softlock in the slime.
MAP07: Fixes a softlock, some texture anomalies, fixed things stuck in walls and fixed walls eating rockets.
MAP08: Fixes a softlock and an HOM

Also, for those who may be wondering where DBP58 is - it's delayed due to technical issues. Expect to see it in May 2023.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is now finalized and up on idgames and the OP has been updated accordingly. Thanks for playing and thanks for the bug reports!

• 2 weeks later...