Hell On World Tour (A community project of maps sets around the world!) (RC1 out)

I've been waiting for this. I voted for this option instead of another stinkin' vanilla set and by god, I wanna turn out something for it!

In ancient times I've made RTCW maps based on real locations in the Netherlands. I would love to revisit that theme. I'm also curious what others come up with in this project.

Count me in!

7 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

As usual, have fun making your maps and tell me if there's anything that needs to be changed, thanks.

image.png

The missing stuff should be included. Limit removing wads shouldn't break Zdoom.

Here's also SW01 and SW02 replacements (there's better 64x64 plutonia skulls, photoshopped from bosfa0 by me)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3iubj55ff7rjjji/shoppedskulls.wad?dl=1

Awesome to see that many people already want to join this project! I'll see to do the according fixes to the source wad tomorrow.

Edited by Walter confetti

Yes, it uses a lava texture of sorts taken from the texture pack i used for the source wad.

Anyway, i made a Discord server for the project! https://discord.gg/dunzJapmKX

If you have discord, you can join there as well!

Edited by Walter confetti
New discord link

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

"If there's something that miss here, you can add new textures but you have to use a 3 word prefix before them (Example: WAL)"

Gotcha. But... How many I can add? What is the strict limit of count?

Just now, Walter confetti said:

There's no limit

Okay! I am still gonna try to use as less space as possible (maybe I am even gonna need to learn about nice work with patches).
Then... Can I claim a city-themed map in Russian setting?

asking for clarification: when you mean by "limit-removing", does it mean in [ultimate doom builder] i ought to use [boom: doom2 (doom format)] but not use boom-specific line actions (eg: wind/current, translucent middle textures, friction), or i should use [doom: doom2 (doom format)] but i can let the [visplane explorer] and linedefs count etc be in the red?

i have read [here] and [here] what "limit-removing" means, but got lost with all the technical jargon used. i'm no technical person and a newbie to mapping. thanks in advance for any guidance given.

24 minutes ago, rita remton said:

asking for clarification: when you mean by "limit-removing", does it mean in [ultimate doom builder] i ought to use [boom: doom2 (doom format)] but not use boom-specific line actions (eg: wind/current, translucent middle textures, friction), or i should use [doom: doom2 (doom format)] but i can let the [visplane explorer] and linedefs count etc be in the red?

i have read [here] and [here] what "limit-removing" means, but got lost with all the technical jargon used. i'm no technical person and a newbie to mapping. thanks in advance for any guidance given.

Just use the [Doom: Doom2 (Doom format)], since it's "limit-removing" so you don't need to worry linedef count or other limitations that mainly are meant for "vanilla" doom's maps.