[idgames!] Hardfest 2 - Boom Community Project with 40 challenging levels

3 minutes ago, Crusador560 said:

There is an unkillable imp on map20 that never teleports out from a closet???

Which imp is that? Could you take a picture of the closet or say which sector number the closet is and I can ask the mapper to investigate!

3 minutes ago, finnks13 said:

Which imp is that? Could you take a picture of the closet or say which sector number the closet is and I can ask the mapper to investigate!

image.png.3b4954a4d18b0904d617a4cdac34870a.pngHope this helps! :)

45 minutes ago, Crusador560 said:

image.png.3b4954a4d18b0904d617a4cdac34870a.pngHope this helps! :)

OK, the mappers have confirmed that it's a bug, and that the imp is unkillable. In order to not have two versions of the wad out that can desync UV demos on this map, I'm not going to update it to fix this and therefore, I believe the maximum number of kills on this map is 1061/1062. Sorry about that!

Posted (edited)

On map24, there is a secret in red area that leads to Soulsphere and armor bonus but jump to there seems pretty much impossible, is Arch-Vile jump required? Just wanna make sure

Edited by Crusador560
Wrong post

2 hours ago, Crusador560 said:

On map24, there is a secret in red area that leads to Soulsphere and armor bonus but jump to there seems pretty much impossible, is Arch-Vile jump required? Just wanna make sure

According to the mapper, it's a required AV Jump yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on map 25 and cant get through the 2 narrrow passageways, they both have arrows on them but are too narrow to pass through. Is there something I should have hit, pressed, killed to be able to progress? I'm on GZdoom.
Great wad BTW.
Cheers!

Posted (edited)

@spottydog10

Hi,

This map required a ZScript patch to function correctly in GZDoom, so if you open the console when loading Map 25 for the first time and it says "Patch for m25 applied.", then try squeezing through the passage on the right again - it might take a bit of wiggling to get through because it's just wide enough. If this message does not display, then your version of GZDoom doesn't support the patch that fixes the map, and you'll have to skip it.

I'm glad you're enjoying the wad :)

Edited by finnks13
probably should ping the guy im responding to lol

I'm on GZDoom 4.71 and I couldn't see the patch applied when loading.
Thanks for the info mate, saves me going mad.

Is the current link the final version now? the most recent one i have is "hardfest2_RC2.4", thanks, love this wad so much <3 <3 <3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gorxen said:

Is the current link the final version now? the most recent one i have is "hardfest2_RC2.4", thanks, love this wad so much <3 <3 <3

Here's the idgames link to the wad, this is the final version.

Edited by taviow

• 1 month later...

Really liked your map @akolai Love the non-standard progression, love the strange, kooky enemy placements, love the elaborate 3D enviroment (enviromental negotiation is my fav type of puzzle maps over purer "Sokoban in Doom" type of puzzles for me, but I''m open to being convinced otherwise) love the whole "fact-finding mission" vibe of the level. Fans of Flynn, Evans, yakfak, and BeeWen or the like should hop on this one.

Posted (edited)

Hello again, I wanted to let everyone know that @SharkyChip has just finished editing the soundtrack video (which is on @LPad's channel), so if you're wanting to listen to the nearly 4(!!) hour long soundtrack that was created for Hardfest 2 without having to rip the midis yourself, then now is a fantastic time to do that!

Edited by finnks13
rephrased