4bwad02p006.zip

4bwad03-018.zip

4bwad04-683.zip

4bwad04p111.zip

4bwad05p511.zip

4bwad06-891.zip

4bwad07-074.zip

9 hours ago, Clippy said:

Oh nice, sorry I missed this til now, will check out!

Thanks man! Funny that you remind me of that demo, I made that before I even knew that was apart of a larger megawad lol

On 5/7/2024 at 7:35 PM, 4shockblast said:

I think this WAD might be cl2? Does it only work with cl9?

I tried with comp level 2 and one of the elevators doesn't work.  Setting to comp level 9 fixes the issue.

So yes it appears it only works with cl9 :)

On 6/3/2024 at 11:56 AM, Naxius said:

I tried with comp level 2 and one of the elevators doesn't work.  Setting to comp level 9 fixes the issue.

So yes it appears it only works with cl9 :)

Which elevator? I played through this map, and it worked just fine for me on cl2.

10 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Which elevator? I played through this map, and it worked just fine for me on cl2.

The one that leads up to the yellow key.  When I play on comp level 2, running over the line def in front of it doesn't start it going up or down.  It just stays still.

But when I play on comp level 9 running over the line works...

Not sure why we are having this different experience :S

40 minutes ago, Naxius said:

The one that leads up to the yellow key.  When I play on comp level 2, running over the line def in front of it doesn't start it going up or down.  It just stays still.

But when I play on comp level 9 running over the line works...

Not sure why we are having this different experience :S

That floor may or may not go up right away, but the line there is a vanilla action line. I think if you try again in cl2, it will go up, but it could take a few seconds (same would apply in Boom, though).

2 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

That floor may or may not go up right away, but the line there is a vanilla action line. I think if you try again in cl2, it will go up, but it could take a few seconds (same would apply in Boom, though).

I tried again, but unfortunately no, the elevator didn't move.  I tried re-downloading the wad and ensuring I have the most recent DOOM2.wad.  Even updated dsda to 0.27 (was using 0.26).  I tried numerous compatibility options in dsda (Doom 1.2, DOOM v1.666, DOOM/2 v1.9) and on all of these compatabilities, the elevator does not move.  I can sit there for over a minute and it doesn't work.  The moment I set compatibility to ANY Boom (Boom Vanilla for example), the elevator works and starts moving immediately after I step onto it.

Really not sure what's going on, but I also don't want to clutter up the forum with my broken WAD woes haha

1 hour ago, Naxius said:

I tried again, but unfortunately no, the elevator didn't move.  I tried re-downloading the wad and ensuring I have the most recent DOOM2.wad.  Even updated dsda to 0.27 (was using 0.26).  I tried numerous compatibility options in dsda (Doom 1.2, DOOM v1.666, DOOM/2 v1.9) and on all of these compatabilities, the elevator does not move.  I can sit there for over a minute and it doesn't work.  The moment I set compatibility to ANY Boom (Boom Vanilla for example), the elevator works and starts moving immediately after I step onto it.

Really not sure what's going on, but I also don't want to clutter up the forum with my broken WAD woes haha

Hmm, that is very confusing to me. I will investigate the WAD further to see what's going on. I checked in nomo, and it worked, and when I maxed the map it worked, but now I have to wonder if somehow monsters impact how it raises somehow impacts it in a weird way.

25 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Hmm, that is very confusing to me. I will investigate the WAD further to see what's going on. I checked in nomo, and it worked, and when I maxed the map it worked, but now I have to wonder if somehow monsters impact how it raises somehow impacts it in a weird way.

I figured it out, there's something up with the Pinky that's inside the door at the bottom of the elevator.  I triggered the elevator, used idclip to go into the hallway at the bottom of the elevator.  Opened the side door just on the right which woke up the Pinky.  As soon as it started moving the elevator started to lower.

Why is this the case?  No idea...

48 minutes ago, Naxius said:

I figured it out, there's something up with the Pinky that's inside the door at the bottom of the elevator.  I triggered the elevator, used idclip to go into the hallway at the bottom of the elevator.  Opened the side door just on the right which woke up the Pinky.  As soon as it started moving the elevator started to lower.

Why is this the case?  No idea...

Cool, yeah, this was my theory, but I didn't get around to checking it. It's a weird thing where monsters can block floors that they are not in in cl2 and not in Boom. I think it's hard to say if this was intended on the map, because it sort of makes sense progression-wise; otherwise you can get the yellow key right away and exit, but this way the blue key is required. But it's confusing to rely on a bug like this for this, so who knows.

22 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Cool, yeah, this was my theory, but I didn't get around to checking it. It's a weird thing where monsters can block floors that they are not in in cl2 and not in Boom. I think it's hard to say if this was intended on the map, because it sort of makes sense progression-wise; otherwise you can get the yellow key right away and exit, but this way the blue key is required. But it's confusing to rely on a bug like this for this, so who knows.

Since I'm new to this (and I apologize for taking up so much time), just wonder what would be the path forward here? Do I toss the cl9 demos and make new ones?

Just now, Naxius said:

Since I'm new to this (and I apologize for taking up so much time), just wonder what would be the path forward here? Do I toss the cl9 demos and make new ones?

I can upload the cl9 demos as Other (incompatible demo), but no as UV-Max. If you're ok with redoing, then that would be ideal.