DBP66: Lunar Strain

NEW DBP LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also congrats on the release. <3

Six maps finished in about an hour, missed a couple of secrets. Really really good, I appreciate the fact that you guys took it a bit easier with the combat. Maybe I overestimated the difficulty of Sanguine Holy Land but I'm having a more relaxed ride here. The environments have room to breathe without super tight ambushes. Having played and finished PUSS XXV: Lunacy, I'm quite familiar with the theme and very pleased with the atmosphere. Great music choices too, spotted stewboy's "Web of Steel". Dunno what comes next but it's bound to stay fun.

Very relaxed thus far (did maps 1-3 and 31, 32). It feels like an udercover spy kinda story, and the locales are as usual pretty cute!

Hey fellas, back with a couple of bug reports. Minor slime trail in map 8 + 2 monsters which got stuck in their closet in map 9. Screenshots attached.

Also I think it's really worth praising stuff like the custom monsters which fit very well, plus all the little details like being able to interact with panels and monitors and find secrets. It makes a great companion to Auger Zenith's attention to detail and the DoomCute is super wholesome.

FASCINATING!

doom00.png

doom01.png

doom02.png

doom03.png

this'll be juicy when i get to it for sure

Two things to note already.

In the first secret area of MAP01, you can go over the railing.

On MAP10, you get locked into an area where the blue key is by blue bars, however the top two bars can be opened with the red key.

I really need to get moving on completing the old DBPs so I can play these newer ones closer to release. This one looks great. I say that every time I know, but moon theme is always neat.

Back with another bug report, got a stuck caco in its closet in MAP20. Screenshots below.

P.S. That track is absolutely banging, I think it's my favorite of the set so far and that's saying something!

doom00.png

doom01.png

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, DreadWanderer said:

Back with another bug report, got a stuck caco in its closet in MAP20. Screenshots below.

P.S. That track is absolutely banging, I think it's my favorite of the set so far and that's saying something!

doom00.png

doom01.png

Yeah, we discovered this during @fuGue_tv's stream. I'll have this fixed for the next RC update. GG on the technical UVMax

Spoiler

The track is from the arcade classic Turtles in Time for the Neon Night Riders stage. It had a pixel-art Krang to go along with it but he was causing all-ghosts bugs. So now he lives in the credit map.

Edited by ABearInThaWoods

45 minutes ago, ABearInThaWoods said:

Yeah, we discovered this during @fuGue_tv's stream. I'll have this fixed for the next RC update. GG on the technical UVMax

As good as a technical KO 😄

45 minutes ago, ABearInThaWoods said:
  Hide contents

The track is from the arcade classic Turtles in Time for the Neon Night Riders stage. It had a pixel-art Krang to go along with it but he was causing all-ghosts bugs. So now he lives in the credit map.

In the txt it says that the track is "Studiopolis Zone Act 2" for MAP20 and  "Neon Night Riders" for MAP21, I think there was a switcheroo.